• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seiko color painter - paper jam error ??

miltondavis

our machine has never shown this issue until now.

I will be printing a job and get a random error "paper jam error" that kills the job, I think it has to do with the wind up sensor? could it be going bad? or is it the motor on the take up reel? I know for sure nothing is jaming, prints are lined up straight as can be, nothing different than before- has anyone had this issue. (definitely annoying when your printing an 8ft long job and it dies at 7ft! for no good reason)

:banghead:

cmwpmm

Has no one else had this happen? My media is fine, no jam actually occurring. In fact, I had just finished a print on the same roll. Started the next print without changing anything and now it keeps telling me media jam. I tried restarting the printer and unloading/reloading but it just keeps telling me there is a jam right after the first pass prints. Sometimes the gantry goes back to the capping station first, and sometimes it just stops mid pass.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
My two Seiko W-64 never had a paper jam error but an occasional Media Misaligned error.
There are two sensors, one on each side of the print carriage. Most leading cause of media errors.
Wipe them with your cleaning solution.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
If it’s an M64s and it happens when carriage is taking off in the same spot- it’s the carriage y drive motor getting old.
If it doesn’t take off at the right speed it will say Media Jam while never touching anything.
You can try running at a slower carriage speed like Quality
Bruce

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
It could also be the encoder strip. We've had that cause that issue when there is no apparent "jam."