• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Colorpainter W-64s Lm and M problems

averias

Hi Everyone, I've customer with a not new Colorpainter W-64s machine, he was claiming about banding in lm and M printhead , and after changing cappings, pumps, solenoids, o-rings, the problem goes on. I also swap printhead, and the printheads that was working perfect in other colors, starts to fail in lm and M, and those that was in lm and M, starts to work perfect. I don´t know at this moment if I have a problem with ink, because the machine prints ok after recovering printhead, but it starts to lost nozzles little by litthe. I'd tried to do a capping statiton calibration, and I think that it's ok, I also changed voltage but is the same. Anyone could give me any new idea?.

Thanks

d fleming

Sounds like air being introduced into the line somewhere. Can cause gradual loss of flow to head as printing goes along. Tough one to diagnose.

averias

Thanks

Thanks for your opinion, I'll see on Monday if I have any problem with air in the ink line, I thought I've removed the air with a syringe, but as I told you, at this moment I'm confused

Z3Graphics

Same problem

Thanks for your opinion, I'll see on Monday if I have any problem with air in the ink line, I thought I've removed the air with a syringe, but as I told you, at this moment I'm confused

Did you get this resolved? I have having the same problem with the M and LM heads.

Shoe

We have an old ColorPainter 64S with Seiko ink GX. If you are using this ink set, then it may be the same problem we recently had with our magenta. Same symptom, all nozzles OK, print starts perfect, then magenta drops out during print, we stop the print, normal clean, nozzles OK, print starts perfect again, magenta drops out again. . .

The problem is known to occur with older printers running this GX ink set, a build-up in the ink system - specifically the color magenta. Our technician had seen it with multiple other users and knew how to fix it - basically replace all components in the magenta ink system where there could be a build-up or deposit of ink sludge.
Our problem was only magenta - There was no mention of light magenta.

Parts replaced: sub-tank, supply pump tube, cap, damper, prime assembly, print head, and the needle valve. Print head and sub-tank were refurbished parts. Our machine is the older model Seiko, but it runs the same speed and same heads as the W, so I think the ink system is very similar.