• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko CP w64s banding help!

Chasez

I've run into this issue before and couldn't ever get it to work itself out, but I can't get anything to work on these giant sheets (130" long)!

I've played with the tension on the take up, as well as adjusted the media advance rate while it's printing but its still showing these band marks. Now the really weird part is they are only in the light colours and not the darker ones. (I've double checked the file and they're not in the file). I'm in a pickle and lost (probably the lack of sleep and overworking :p)

Chaz

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160602_163654[1].jpg
    20160602_163654[1].jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 20160602_163700[1].jpg
    20160602_163700[1].jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 389

tbullo

Superunknown
Are you running with the color bar on? I see that sometimes and it will be a couple nozzles out side by side. Map the nozzles and keep getting it. We always run color bar and rarely turn it off. Just my guess.

Andriy

I would attempt to clean the print heads again, might be just some nozzles.
If doesn't work maybe flush the lighter ones.

Chasez

Are you running with the color bar on? I see that sometimes and it will be a couple nozzles out side by side. Map the nozzles and keep getting it. We always run color bar and rarely turn it off. Just my guess.

No colour bar on, some of the prints are running almost right to the edge of the material (61" wide on 61.5" wide material) so not much room... normally I run the colour bar.

I let the printer settle for the night and about to start it back up... heres to hoping the rest helped...

Chaz

Rat454

I've run into this issue before and couldn't ever get it to work itself out, but I can't get anything to work on these giant sheets (130" long)!

I've played with the tension on the take up, as well as adjusted the media advance rate while it's printing but its still showing these band marks. Now the really weird part is they are only in the light colours and not the darker ones. (I've double checked the file and they're not in the file). I'm in a pickle and lost (probably the lack of sleep and overworking :p)

Chaz

attachment.php
attachment.php

I've had this issue before as well. Normally I'll perform a head wash and let it sit for an hour before running a ph recovery. If that fails try bidirectional adjustment. You can also try setting your smart pass to medium or high. These things have sorted it out for me in the past.

Chasez

Had done multiple recoveries and kept producing same "banding".... Did nozzle checks and all came up clear... changed out the ink cartridges and boom.... printing great and flawlessly... so not too sure if it had something to do with the ink running low or not?

Chaz