• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko I Infotech will no longer make printers for HP

PSG

Seiko I Infotech to Expand Product Portfolio

January 6th, 2009

Seiko I Infotech (SIIT) has announced it has plans to expand its product portfolio for outdoor graphics worldwide.

SIIT has decided not to continue the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement with Hewlett-Packard to jointly develop and market low solvent-based wide-format printers for the outdoor graphics printing market beyond December, 2008. Beginning January, 2009, SIIT will provide a wider range of products not only with its existing technology, but also with new technologies.

"We are committed to developing an extensive product line for the graphics market to meet our customers' needs. An entry-level production printer will be introduced in spring 2009 in addition to other new products, to follow on the heels of the recently introduced ColorPainter H-104s and H-74s mild solvent printers and continue in the SIIT tradition of excellent engineering and outstanding performance."

www.seiko-i.com

This information provided courtesy
www.wide-formatimaging.com