• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko W-64S Media misaligned

Justin4369

Hi, I have a Seiko W-64S which when turned on and going through it's boot up stage says media misaligned and won't go any further. I can confirm there is nothing wrong with the media as I've loaded it many times, does anyone know what's wrong? Cheers

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Try unloading the media entirely and see if the error stays the same. Check along the media guides, rollers and encoders for built up dirt, paper fibers, etc.

Justin4369

I have tried unloading the media entirely on many occasions, I will look closer on the rollers and guides tomorrow, any idea where all the encoders and sensors are?

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
No service manual on hand for this one, so not sure. Look for slots in the platen where the media rests under the head.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
There are two eyes about three inches from the right side of where the platen begins, one in back of the pinch rollers and one in front.
1/4" square cutouts

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
The media sensor is on the left side of the carriage towards the back. They tend to pick up overspray and after a while can't read the edges of the media accurately. Try cleaning it with a dry swab. If this doesn't fix it you'll need to replace it. It looks like you can still find it. Search for part number U00100696400.

Good Luck