• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selecting Points Help

Help needed im using flexi 8 and had no problems with before. but it will not let me select more than one point at a time. I have read the instruction over and over have tried the cursor with ctrl shift you name it
i know it worked over a year ago but i must have selected an option wich dose not allow me to do it now. ??

Sign to Go

Try This

make sure all is un-grouped, un-compounded, and then select with mouse while holding down just the shift key.

Jim

Ok i have tried that and it still will not work.

If i create a simple wave using the pen tool.
and it has say 10 points or nodes. the pathe is not grouped and no option for the compound as the pathe is open so a simple line. if click on the select points tab all the poins now show up if i then click any piont that workt too but if i hold shift and select any other point the new point will then be selected but the previouse point un selects so i can only select one at any time eve tried the shift and select still only one will be selected.

Tried it that way too . !!! as soon as i click the next point that one turn dark and is selected ond the other then unselects and gose white in colour same ast the other unselected points.

Ok I worked out the problem.
If you chose to select more than one point or node at a time.
you must use the tool edit as in the picture no1 the icon is the same in the control central but it only lets you select one at a time
hope this help any one in the future.

signs101_01.jpg

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Why are you making a big deal out of nothing?

There's a couple of ways to select multiple points, first select the 'Select Point Tool'. Then either lasso the points with a cursor marquee or hold the 'Shift' key and select each point individually.

The former method is fast but it will select all points on all objects within the marquee, not just the object you're working on.

The latter method is slower, but you end up with just the points you want.

This is how it's supposed to work and if neither of these works on your machine, you have other problems.