• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Semi Trailer Price - Help

AlexV

I'm curious,

How much are you guys charging for full wrapping a Semi-Trailer? Size: 52ft x 8ft tall (Sides) and 8ft x 8ft Back. Wrapping the sides and back only. Material, printing, and installation

see the picture for reference.

Thanks.

20210121_165108.jpg

2021-07-06 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
That's a 53? You said 26?
We did one recently for $8K. I think you're going to see answers all over the board and some people telling you to figure it out yourself... I think we were low for our area (Hawaii) but lower than what most people are charging. At the time we had only done 5 or 6 trucks previously and it would take us about an hour a panel. I think that we could go lower on the price now as it's only 20-30 minutes per 4ft panel now...

Find out how much prep work it is though. Sometimes grungy grommets and a dirty trailer take almost as much time to prep as to wrap...

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Cast air-release vinyl with top lam: around $9500 with all those rivets. Calandered: around $8000.

Add for truck washing (have them take it to the truck wash first). You'll still need to wipe it down before applying vinyl.

Add $70/hr - $100/hr for any file prep, and of course whatever needs to be charged for graphic design.

AlexV

Cast air-release vinyl with top lam: around $9500 with all those rivets. Calandered: around $8000.

Add for truck washing (have them take it to the truck wash first). You'll still need to wipe it down before applying vinyl.

Add $70/hr - $100/hr for any file prep, and of course whatever needs to be charged for graphic design.
Sounds great! Thanks!

AlexV

We did one recently for $8K. I think you're going to see answers all over the board and some people telling you to figure it out yourself... I think we were low for our area (Hawaii) but lower than what most people are charging. At the time we had only done 5 or 6 trucks previously and it would take us about an hour a panel. I think that we could go lower on the price now as it's only 20-30 minutes per 4ft panel now...

Find out how much prep work it is though. Sometimes grungy grommets and a dirty trailer take almost as much time to prep as to wrap...
Thanks!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Here in the midwest we are around $5000 for a 54ft trailer. Do a lot of them at that price, 3M 180c/8519. Install with 2 guys is 1 day. Corrugated trailers add another day.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
They are almost exactly 2x my cost, wholesale yes, cheap no. Do it in house, put 50% on materials and 16 man hours is $100/hr. I'd take that all day long.
Understood. Another thought. If you are converting the raw material, printing, laminating etc. you are in a whole lot better shape if you can at least double your material costs. 2.25 more better. Thinking 888 square foot of material at 7.00 per foot - 6216.00 is not an unreasonable asking price.

2B

We recently bid a 53' Reefer $7,429.00. This was CAST w/ LAM and design

Prep was per hr rate, had LOTS of oxidation

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Understood. Another thought. If you are converting the raw material, printing, laminating etc. you are in a whole lot better shape if you can at least double your material costs. 2.25 more better. Thinking 888 square foot of material at 7.00 per foot - 6216.00 is not an unreasonable asking price.
So why did you reference buying a finished product as a price point? You're in a whole lot better shape if you can quadruple your material cost too. It doesn't matter what is reasonable in someone else's eyes, you could tell them $15k and be able to justify it, doesn't mean you'll get any jobs though. Maybe 5k is what it takes to get that work for them? That's a competitive market and the only ones that seem to get their panties in a wad over it are the ones that can't compete. Rather than figure it out, they complain that the rates are too cheap.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Just discussing pricing strategy. Nothing personal.
I referenced Signs 365 because I probably can't afford to print retail for less than one of the largest printers is selling wholesale.
Please note I am completely wadless over here. :)

And forgot we are on the public side of the forum...

Aelin

I’d probably be around $7k or so personally with cast vinyl and lam.

That being said I know some people in the Midwest who are charging around $3k or so for a full wrap 53’ trailer, 3MIJ180 and not even printing in-house.

Mountain Commercial sells the printed wrap for about $1500 for a whole trailer.
It’s not even worth me printing to compete with that, I’d spend double that on just material alone.
-and yep I’m throwing the name out there because it’s unfair to the rest of us when people price things that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

victor bogdanov

It’s not even worth me printing to compete with that, I’d spend double that on just material alone.
Point this out to your material supplier and demand a lower price, low material prices aren't just going to show up, you have to put some work in to get the best price

jfiscus

Rap Master
I’d probably be around $7k or so personally with cast vinyl and lam.

That being said I know some people in the Midwest who are charging around $3k or so for a full wrap 53’ trailer, 3MIJ180 and not even printing in-house.

-and yep I’m throwing the name out there because it’s unfair to the rest of us when people price things that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your price is your price, not everyone has the same expenses and base costs.
I know we receive good pricing on our materials, but we do buy a lot. I do not see how anyone can sell a print THAT cheap though on cast materials.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So why did you reference buying a finished product as a price point? You're in a whole lot better shape if you can quadruple your material cost too. It doesn't matter what is reasonable in someone else's eyes, you could tell them $15k and be able to justify it, doesn't mean you'll get any jobs though. Maybe 5k is what it takes to get that work for them? That's a competitive market and the only ones that seem to get their panties in a wad over it are the ones that can't compete. Rather than figure it out, they complain that the rates are too cheap.
I had it figured out for $8960 on the low side and $14,976 for the high side. I'm glad you piped up. It's BIG area.

karst41

I'm curious,

How much are you guys charging for full wrapping a Semi-Trailer? Size: 52ft x 8ft tall (Sides) and 8ft x 8ft Back. Wrapping the sides and back only. Material, printing, and installation

see the picture for reference.

Thanks.

View attachment 154366

View attachment 154367
Best bet is to know who your local Fleet wash guys are.

If Trailers are more than 4 years old and never had graphics. I make the "Demand"
for the customers best and invested Interest, that the Fleet wash crew uses De Oxit.
A few crews around the ATL use this and with a double brushing on the 7 year olds
with extra detail on the rear doors.

Sometimes they will balk at $150 for the Wash with deoxit.
At $9500 for Wrap and instalation, the debate ends when I tell then NO 10 Year MCS Warranty.
unless properly washed.
At install dem dirty ol trailers are squeeeeeKy Clean.

I have many 12 yo Trailers rolling with Original graphic prints looking good.
3m IJ 180 C with 8519 Luster Lam.

To who ever is reading this DO NOT use Gloss Laminate. In an accident this will be the first thing looked at.
City of ATL MARTA is using Matte. Story is somebody ran a red light and plowed into the side of a Bus.
Nobody sues MARTA and wins, but on that day The Glare off the side of the Bus WON.
Red Light mattered not.

NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER install vinyl over the red white reflective tape on a trailer or a straight truck.
when you do cut it away. Especially not the Rear Doors.. It is actually against the Law to do so.