• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Serif Affinity "Sale"

jochwat

Graphics Department
Just a heads up for anyone who has been waiting for the Affinity apps to go on sale again (myself being one of those people):

There's a 50% off code currently active.

I only tried it on the Designer and Photo apps, and it worked. Both of them together cost me about 55 bucks.

Here's the code if you want in: AFFINITY-EPZ22

www.serif.com will get you there.

-Joe

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Affinity Rocks! Been using it for a couple years now for all the graphics we do here at the shop.
Then there's the vectors I do just for fun, like this.
Worth every penny, and then some :cool:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.52.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.52.19 AM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 208
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.52.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.52.42 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 199

jochwat

Graphics Department
I went back and got the Publisher app too. Figured at the very least I'll need it for data merge stuff that I do frequently... and that family cookbook I started 10 years ago. :oops:

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
I am interested in Affinity and possible products. But I get confused easlily......so I have a few questions: When you say "Affinity Apps" is that the program for a desktop computer? or an application that goes on the phone. Laura

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Affinity's applications (Designer, Photo and Publisher) are primarily geared for the personal computer. They run on Windows and OSX. Affinity Designer and Photo also have iPad versions. Serif is working on a iPad version of Publisher.

jochwat

Graphics Department
I am interested in Affinity and possible products. But I get confused easlily......so I have a few questions: When you say "Affinity Apps" is that the program for a desktop computer? or an application that goes on the phone. Laura
Sorry for the confusion. Growing up, I knew these things as "computer programs" or "software". Now, everything is being called an "app", be it on phone or computer. So by trying to be current, all I did was make it more difficult.

So yes, as Bobby H. said, Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher all have versions for your Windows or Mac desktop / laptop / notebook, and those COMPUTER SOFTWARE PROGRAMS are what I was referencing for the sale.

Also, as of yesterday, the code from the original post worked for all three of the programs.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
If you have an iPad I do recommend getting BOTH the desktop computer version of Affinity Designer and the iPad version. There are handy drawing/sketching things you can do with the iPad version (in conjunction with the add-on Apple Pencil). The same .afdesign files can be traded from the iPad app to a PC or Mac running the desktop version. The iPad version typically costs less than half the price of the desktop version.

jochwat

Graphics Department
I think we all have at least one of those "never seems to get finished" projects... Have a few myself.
Most of my unfinished projects are from the musical realm. Home studio audio production, with a hard drive full of half-finished songs with titles like: TEST / TEST2 / TEST3 / DUMBSONG / DUMBSONG2 / CRAP / JUNK / MOREJUNK / TOXIC_BRITNEYSPEARSCOVER / TEST712 / NEWSETTINGSTEST / BASSDRUMJAM / JAM2... etc. Literally hundreds of these scrap songs. A fellow musician suggested I just mix them all together into one song. I may just do that... uh... tomorrow.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Most of my unfinished projects are from the musical realm. Home studio audio production, with a hard drive full of half-finished songs with titles like: TEST / TEST2 / TEST3 / DUMBSONG / DUMBSONG2 / CRAP / JUNK / MOREJUNK / TOXIC_BRITNEYSPEARSCOVER / TEST712 / NEWSETTINGSTEST / BASSDRUMJAM / JAM2... etc. Literally hundreds of these scrap songs. A fellow musician suggested I just mix them all together into one song. I may just do that... uh... tomorrow.
And then post it to the Boudica.................... thread!

DL Signs

I hear ya'... I'm in the music game too, over 50 years. Incredible how such a small percentage of what a musician does ever sees the light of day, it sits in boxes filled with tattered notebooks, tapes and drives filled with tracks, just collecting dust :(

Attachments

• 67877065_2872765339432412_3227010724228235264_n.jpg
    67877065_2872765339432412_3227010724228235264_n.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 124

jochwat

Graphics Department
And then post it to the Boudica.................... thread!
Since there's thousands of posts there, I'll take the easy way and just post all the unfinished songs. But I'll need to make a video for each one. Better get going on that. Hah!

jochwat

Graphics Department
I hear ya'... I'm in the music game too, over 50 years. Incredible how such a small percentage of what a musician does ever sees the light of day, it sits in boxes filled with tattered notebooks, tapes and drives filled with tracks, just collecting dust :(
Until/unless you become famous! Then all the chaff is labeled and sold as "bonus material" or "unreleased tracks".

jochwat

Graphics Department
Oh yeah, here's my glamour shot from one of the final shows I did last year... as well as a screen shot from my home recordings folder I saved some years back. It hasn't changed.

Maybe we can start a Signs101 Virtual Band.

Attachments

• choey.jpg
    choey.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 110
  • UnfinishedSongs.jpg
    UnfinishedSongs.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 118

jochwat

Graphics Department
What kinda stuff do you play?

DL Signs

What kinda stuff do you play?

Been doing blues/ alternative blues for the last 10-ish years, before that metal, rock, a little of everything since I started playin' in the 60's, except country for some reason. My last show was a blues festival in March 2020, right when everything went crazy. We had an LP ready to release, and like the rest of the world, it all just went on the back burner and never returned. I retired 6 years ago to do the "just want to bang on my drums all day" thing, and it was good while it lasted, now with that gone, I shaved all my long hair off, and I'm back in the responsible graphics industry again.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What exactly does Affinity do that all of the software I currently wrangle can't do?

jochwat

Graphics Department
What exactly does Affinity do that all of the software I currently wrangle can't do?
It actually probably does less. But it's supposed to work well at what it does, and does not require a subscription. And is low-priced from the get-go. So the half-price sale seemed like a good time to jump in and secure my license(s).

At any rate, they're gunning for taking over Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign. Long way to go, but I figure, Adobe did it way back when. Maybe time for the next legendary group to step in.