• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Bulletin needed

Hale

I have an SC-545 that went down during a T-storm about 10 days ago. Thanks to Kev41, I found that one of the three fuses on the head board is blown. I was able to get some of these sent in. Roland has a great Service Bulletin on Roland Passport that deals with Drop Out Troubleshooting Document for SP, VP, PRO2, XC, SJ and XJ. It references another service bulletin called "Head Driver Protection" that is located on the RNet that has instructions for changing the fuse. Does anyone have this file that they could send me? Send me a PM

Be SURE to unplug the machine before you start and before you start to solder the fuse...don't be surprised if you go thru several fuses...you may have other issues to contend with as well. Check continuity (top and bottom!) before you put the board back for testing. FYI - You may also have burnt wires in your cable card - check these too!

Hale

No wires burned

thanks for the respone.

I had as service tech in yesterday. He took the board out and soldered in a new fuse. I did the same this morning and I checked top and bottom both. I can not find any burnt wires. I started machine up without the six ribbon cables being plugged in and it does not blow fuse. when you plug the 6 ribbon cables in, it blows the fuse on Magenta and Cyan only.

Last night, we plugged the Magenta and Cyan heads into a different ribbon cables and verified that they can fire and are working.

Service tech want to change oout both the Head Board and also the Carriage Board. He doubts that carriage board is the culprit, although my inclination is to try this one first, as it is 1/10 the cost.

signage

Hale;558722Service tech want to change oout both the Head Board and also the Carriage Board. He doubts that carriage board is the culprit said:
This is not a service tech this is a parts changer! Service tech would check voltages and current draws a various points to determine fault!

i had the same fault sometime ago it was a capacitor and blown fet on the board i replaced both it work perfectly i've got the tech sheet from roland if you want a copy please PM me