• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Call 103...

dayusmc

Does anyone know how to fix a service call 103? I am getting this service call now... What a pain in the butt!! Any help is very much appreciated!
Kyle

CustomRide

USMC,

0103 is cutting limit sensor error.

We had this happen when temps and humidity would fluctuate.

This can also be caused by a head crash.

You will need to do a cutting carriage assembly alignment however this may not fix it.

Throw down your model number and more stats for better help FYI...

dayusmc

USMC,

0103 is cutting limit sensor error.

We had this happen when temps and humidity would fluctuate.

This can also be caused by a head crash.

You will need to do a cutting carriage assembly alignment however this may not fix it.

Throw down your model number and more stats for better help FYI...

Thanks so much for the response! I have a Roland SP300v newest firmware. I am not sure how o do a cutting carriage assembly alignment...

CustomRide

(I just found this below online these are not my words but its been a while since we had to do this and I believe its correct. Your service menu access code below maybe different depending on your firmware.

has your printer had a big temp change in the past week or so? I know we sometimes would have codes thrown in the morning when it was cool but it would not happen in the evening when the building was warmed up.)

Turn off machine

Hold down Left, Up and Right arrows while restarting, press enter...

this should disconnect the tool carriage from the print head and it will ask 'align head' (can't remember if you press enter again now or after the next step...but you will figure it when you do it)

then slowly push the tool carriage all the way to the left - until the knife is activated

the press enter and the carriage will come back to the print head and reset the whole unit and turn off

Turn machine back on and should be all good to go

CustomRide

call Mark Rihne at imagers supply in KY. He is a great tech who will give you more info than you ask for.
3125 Preston Highway Louisville, KY 40213-1103
(502) 636-0123

dayusmc

call Mark Rihne at imagers supply in KY. He is a great tech who will give you more info than you ask for.
3125 Preston Highway Louisville, KY 40213-1103
(502) 636-0123
I highly doubt that he would want a random person calling him and asking him how to fix their printer....