• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Key for Oce Arizona 550 / Fiji Advance HS

Ricardo Cobar

Hi,
I have a question, why I cannot get the service key for my printer? it is paid in full and I don't want to pay $18,000 for warranty since it was doing so good for few years.
There is any way to bypass that key?

Thanks!

ToTo

Professional Support
You can ask your service representative to get a service key just for your unit branded with the serial number.
Your machine, your access

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
You'll probably have to go to one of the classes in order for them to give that to you. I think it's like $1,800 and a couple days of training.
Annoying thing about those machines. One of the many reasons we don not have our Arizona 660XT anymore.

wunder

i have a service rfid dongle for Fuji Acuity series......maybe Canon/OCE use a other Access key buuuuuttttt......let me check weekend and come back with Data
Please write down your Firmware....

Deymos1981

And what do you need it for? I tried to get a key for several years. During this time, I studied the machine so much that when I still got the key, I realized that I do not need it. Any problem can be solved without a key. I have arizona 350 GT

scottdcee

I'm an ex-service tech. My current company has some Oce's so I inquired about getting a service key. Canon said they wouldn't charge me for the training(since I already had it) but we would have to pay over $3000 annually for the key.

Ricardo Cobar

Thanks Scott. Let me take advantage of your knowledge if you don't mind. Today I was running the printer with no problems, then for some reason the next job to run as son as starts, just stops, sound the buzzer and park the carriage. Tried several times with different positions and always the same. I even changed the file settings from PDF to TIF. Finally works but just one run. Next run stops after 26%.

No errors at all, just "print failed". Printer always stops, sound the buzzer and park the heads like it finish the job. I'm thinking in something like data buffering or the printer is truncating the file while is sending. Could you give me and advise please?

Thanks

P.S. do you think that the $3,000 are a good invest for that key?

Deymos1981

Hi Ricardo. If the buzzer sounds and the "Print failed" screen, it's only the lamps problem. Most likely the sensor of the lamp shutter is defective. In this problem, the key will not help you. I had this. it is on stock in digiprint-supplies.com.
p.s. if you really want, I can sell you my key for 1000$ )), but believe me, you do not need it.

When I had such a problem (under warranty), an engineer with a key came and looked and said: "A fault in the lamp, I'll take off the lamp block and send you a new one through MONTH." MONTH !!!. I must stop my bussines for a MONTH !!. I said: "Thank you, no need, good-bye." Then I did not find the sensor on sale and replaced it with a reed switch. Works till now (7 years). Now this sensor is on the digiprint-supplies.com.
If your Arizona is more than a one year, then perhaps it will be enough to lubricate the lamp mechanism.

Last edited:

Ricardo Cobar

Thanks Deymos and Scott,
Yes, our Arizona have more than one year and I'm pretty sure the maintenance was not perfect. I'm working here since March.
Printer was working fine, just starts yesterday and I barely finish one job.
Today not even start, ink heater error, temperature go up to 36C then stops and go down. No way to make it work all day long. It have coolant, I have restarted it several times, coolant pump works and temperature on the hoses feel warm, but no way to make it go over 36C.

I may check tomorrow the lamp mechanism, I'm becoming a technician just doing things like this!! If this machine works tomorrow I may have to come to work next week, otherwise full week on vacations, no paid. Not funny!!

Thanks everyone,

RC

ToTo

Professional Support
Create the log-files and send em through Wetransfer and provide the link here.
I’m pretty sure it’s not the lamp. I wold go for firewire cable, because you also have ink heater issues. Looks like communication issue.

Ricardo Cobar

Logs are here: Fuji_Acuity_AdvanceHS.zip

Thanks ToTo, I have an extra firewire cable here ready to be installed. I hope that's the problem.

RC

P.S. Gantry errors and home position errors are because I was working on the carriage and triggered the interlock switch

Last edited:

Deymos1981

the cable can also be if there are different errors on the display at the same time. A simple way to check, change the sides of the cable in places. If the error persists, buy a new cable.

ToTo

Professional Support
Checked your logs. It’s really a heater issue.
Check voltage provided to heater on reservoir (the brown rubber on the back side) Measure also temp on this block. Should be around 50*C. Enough cooling liqid ln reservoir?
But could also be a faulty temp sensor in printhead...

ToTo

Professional Support
I’ve forgot: check rpm of coolant pump, visible in ink window. Should be somewhere around 5400.

i have a service rfid dongle for Fuji Acuity series......maybe Canon/OCE use a other Access key buuuuuttttt......let me check weekend and come back with Data
Please write down your Firmware....
Hi. I have a Fuji Acuity Advance HYB172 and need the key to access to service and diagnostic. Can you help me with? Thanks. Version is 4.4.0.25 Thanks!!!