• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Mode on a Mimaki JFX200-2513

guillermo

:toasting: Happy New Year :toasting:

Does anyone know how to check if a Mimaki JFX200-2513 was left on services mode?, it prints fine, but some things are different, one print head shows the all 4 colors and the other print head shows also 2 colors plus 2 white, when before it showed the color for one print head and only white for the second print head.
Checking the height for material, if left for more than 30 seconds it will beep, warning you to finish that task, now when I check the height I move the print head to the material and leave it for about 3 minutes and no warning beep.

Any help will be appreciated. :):):):):)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into the menus and scroll all the way to the bottom. If you have menus that have the # symbol in front of them, you're in service mode. Also, the fact that it's printing the 2 colors along with the white head indicates that you probably are in service mode as well.

guillermo

Go into the menus and scroll all the way to the bottom. If you have menus that have the # symbol in front of them, you're in service mode. Also, the fact that it's printing the 2 colors along with the white head indicates that you probably are in service mode as

Solventinkjet:

it has been a while since I checked this forum, I just saw this answer if that is the first thing I did, in fact, yes, there is a # sign in from of the last menus, and the machine still in services mode, now could you help me by sharing how to get out of services mode if you can?.

the issue that I have now is that when I check the thickness of material and I leave it for 2 minutes, the machine will no beep as a warning of not being in the cap station for the print heads, also, from all 4 lamps coming on when printing before we got service, only 2 lamps come on, the smaller lamps do not come on and sometimes the ink also rubs off.

thank you for your time to read this response.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Solventinkjet:

it has been a while since I checked this forum, I just saw this answer if that is the first thing I did, in fact, yes, there is a # sign in from of the last menus, and the machine still in services mode, now could you help me by sharing how to get out of services mode if you can?.

the issue that I have now is that when I check the thickness of material and I leave it for 2 minutes, the machine will no beep as a warning of not being in the cap station for the print heads, also, from all 4 lamps coming on when printing before we got service, only 2 lamps come on, the smaller lamps do not come on and sometimes the ink also rubs off.

thank you for your time to read this response.
Normally you just power off and boot the machine like normal and service mode should go away. If it's not, your parameters are set to be in service mode all the time which is something techs tend to do and forget to turn it off. In that case you need to change the System Parameter named, "Support" to 0 and that will turn off service mode.

guillermo

Normally you just power off and boot the machine like normal and service mode should go away. If it's not, your parameters are set to be in service mode all the time which is something techs tend to do and forget to turn it off. In that case you need to change the System Parameter named, "Support" to 0 and that will turn off service mode.
Thank you very much again....

I just looked at it and it is set as follows:

System Parameter:
0=0 R GRIP

guillermo

Thank you very much again....

I just looked at it and it is set as follows:

System Parameter:
0=0 R GRIP
I now know that I looked at the wrong info, looked again, and I found the following:

SYSTEM PARAMETER
132=2 SUPPORT

is this the one you are referring to?.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
great.... Thank you very much....

another questions, do you sell a primer for ink adhesion that it is odorless?.
I can get any one that Mimaki carries but we don't stock any here. I don't know a lot about the primers so if you have a part number, let me know and I can quote you.

guillermo

I can get any one that Mimaki carries but we don't stock any here. I don't know a lot about the primers so if you have a part number, let me know and I can quote you.
Great, but I need to know first if it stinks, I have a problem with that in shop as the place is shared with Postal services and they complaint a lot about the smell.

By the way, I will add this to it, my printer is now doing the test prints as normal, thanks to you, but since about 3 weeks, the test print shows that the cyan and yellow are missing some nozzles, but it fires ink but not in the same consistence as the rest of the test print, it is like after you do a test print, you rub the ink with a pencil eraser, it shows almost white and like a shadow, I will send a picture later.