• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service on Roland SP-540V in Florida

Kirbyco

Hi- I have a Roland SP-540V and Mac Papers will no longer service them. The printer is old, but not ready to be put out to pasture.
I need a technician- I have done all I can with you-tube instructions.
I'm hoping someone can help...
TY
Carrie

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
That is the big question, I very much doubt you'll find a Roland certified technician that will service it, as it is an obsolete machine in their minds. Luckily for you, they are very easy to maintain and service by oneself. I have 2x SP-300V's that I've kept running for years myself. Let us know what the issue is and maybe we can assist you in fixing yourself.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is the big question, I very much doubt you'll find a Roland certified technician that will service it, as it is an obsolete machine in their minds. Luckily for you, they are very easy to maintain and service by oneself. I have 2x SP-300V's that I've kept running for years myself. Let us know what the issue is and maybe we can assist you in fixing yourself.
Yeah Roland techs who work for a dealer will probably reject you but independent techs love to work on them for the same reason Zoogee World said, they're relatively easy to work on. If you let us know the issue we can get the hard part out of the way; diagnosing what's actually wrong. Then fixing it should be pretty easy.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
There is a guy on instagram. @rolandtechnician. He fixes rolands all across usa but he didn't post anything for a long time :/

DEXRON12

Does anybody know of any technicians in northern Ontario, Canada? I have an SP540V and I get a "pinchroll error invalid right pos"
I've changed the 15 pin cable-card, and the sensor as well. I did a sensor check in service mode and Linear encoder check and linear calibration and no errors or fails came up. I took a pic of the sensor check display.
I've gone as far as I can go and now I need a technician. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220111_180130.jpg
    20220111_180130.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 102

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
As these machines are end of service, no certified Tech will touch them, you might be able to find a "non-tech" tech that might come take a look, but more or less for these machines, your on your own. You've probably already done this, but have you cleaned the encoder strip? not sure if that will help or not, as every time I've had this issue, it's always been that long cable that goes from the board to carriage.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Clean the board the 15 pin cable plugs into with alcohol. Sometimes it's just built up with ink dust and the connection is bad. Also, if you didn't change the plastic sheets that the cable is sandwiched between with the cable, make sure to clean them with alcohol as well. If the cable can't move back and forth smoothly, it can cause the same issue.

DEXRON12

I've cleaned everything with alcohol. Looking at the sensor check pic it looks like the interupter is not getting any power. I performed a sensor check with pinch rollers up and down and took pics of the display and there is no * for the pinch roller sensor. I'm stumped.

printerup

Hi- I have a Roland SP-540V and Mac Papers will no longer service them. The printer is old, but not ready to be put out to pasture.
I need a technician- I have done all I can with you-tube instructions.
I'm hoping someone can help...
TY
Carrie
Jake
727-688-3559

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've cleaned everything with alcohol. Looking at the sensor check pic it looks like the interupter is not getting any power. I performed a sensor check with pinch rollers up and down and took pics of the display and there is no * for the pinch roller sensor. I'm stumped.
If it's a new sensor and it still doesn't read, I'd say the board it plugs into is fried.

darlin

Does anybody know of any technicians in northern Ontario, Canada? I have an SP540V and I get a "pinchroll error invalid right pos"
I've changed the 15 pin cable-card, and the sensor as well. I did a sensor check in service mode and Linear encoder check and linear calibration and no errors or fails came up. I took a pic of the sensor check display.
I've gone as far as I can go and now I need a technician. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Call Tom @ Daly Digital Group 905-634-4444 he' s out of Burlington

DEXRON12

The encoder strip was replace when this problem started. I tried putting some 30 inch wide vinyl and when the pinch rollers are down the cut carriage does not stop at the edge of the vinyl, It goes all the way to the farthest left before returning to the "home" position.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The encoder strip was replace when this problem started. I tried putting some 30 inch wide vinyl and when the pinch rollers are down the cut carriage does not stop at the edge of the vinyl, It goes all the way to the farthest left before returning to the "home" position.
Double check that there isn't a plastic film on the encoder strip that needs to be taken off for it to work properly. Some have it and some don't. Once you confirm that, run the environmental match and see if it succeeds.

DEXRON12

If it's a new sensor and it still doesn't read, I'd say the board it plugs into is fried.
I'm begining to believe it's the cut carriage board or the servo board, I am trying to track down a servo board right now. Any info on where to find these boards would be greatly appreciated

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm begining to believe it's the cut carriage board or the servo board, I am trying to track down a servo board right now. Any info on where to find these boards would be greatly appreciated

Try Ordway Sign Supply in southern Cali. (800) 967-3929