• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Pack 2

geb

I've read the different opinions recently regarding the service pack 2 update. I am getting a windows message that the update is available for download. Has anyone running e6 used this update and did you have any problems with your plotter after installation, thanks.

George

flexiezine

Sp2

I would not recommend the update to XP SP2 to anyone. Before you install the SP, you may want to read the non-technical version of the white papers from Microsoft. Here is a link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

If you decide to update to SP2, be sure to Archive your files when prompted. This way, you "should" be able to uninstall the SP2 if it causes you any issues.

Good Luck

geb

Thanks Bobby, I guess I'll stay with what I have right now. Hopefully the firewall with XP is sufficient to do the job. I did have a couple viruses and trojans while on the internet, I think I got rid of them thanx to the firewall pointing them out.

George

OldPaint

DO NOT LOAD SP2 ON ANY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have no idea how bad this so called update is!!!!!!!!!! unless you have nothing but M/S programs on your computer again DO NOT LOAD SP2!!! it has so many problems with outside(non M/S programs)that even M/S suggests not to load it.
supposedly M/S is doing a rewrite of XP which will be available jan/feb with all the corrections included to that version. so if you are buying a computer, or O/S dont do it till after they get the new release of XP on the market....then it might be better......yea hu hu.......

Hubert Furey

There are known issues with XP service Pack2 and SignLab e6.0. Please consult our Knowledge Base for details.

There are no known issues with SP2 and SignLab e6.1. Users must ensure that they are using the latest revision. Revision 17 as of today. Instructions on how to patch are available from the KB at cadlink.com.