• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Servo Board SP-540v question

carnut57

I have replaced the servo board on my SP-540v and this blew on the old one and the new one. I was having error 0104 come up and was told by a tech to replace the cap motor. I did that and nothing changed. I then was told to replace the servo board. I did, loud bang when I turned it on. Noticed some places on the flex cable so I replaced it. I just noticed that the circled is blow out on both boards. Would the circled have anything to do with the flex cable? I hate to buy another board and it blow too.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 41300392_10217342103089126_5178902278827933696_n.jpg
    41300392_10217342103089126_5178902278827933696_n.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 836

Sign Maker

I have replaced the servo board on my SP-540v and this blew on the old one and the new one. I was having error 0104 come up and was told by a tech to replace the cap motor. I did that and nothing changed. I then was told to replace the servo board. I did, loud bang when I turned it on. Noticed some places on the flex cable so I replaced it. I just noticed that the circled is blow out on both boards. Would the circled have anything to do with the flex cable? I hate to buy another board and it blow too.

Any help is appreciated!

Did you ever figure out how to fix this. Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the cap motor and when I turned it on the servo board smokes. I'm sure it is out but I'm thinking I need to replace the servo board and the carriage motor.

Sign Maker

Did you ever figure out how to fix this. Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the cap motor and when I turned it on the servo board smokes. I'm sure it is out but I'm thinking I need to replace the servo board and the carriage motor.

Technician

Drive it hard
Have ic3 on the servo board blowing up I would look at the scan motor
Have ic2 on the servo board blowing up I would look at the feed motor.
Check motor if short circuit

mikestickers

Chief, Cook and Dish Washer!
I have the same problem with my sp300v I sent in my mother board thinking it was bad and nope, all good. but I to do not get any light on the servo board or the heater board. Power supply is fine, the mother board green light comes on............what could be the problem?

Sign Maker

I can't even turn mine on right now. I guess I will just replace the servo board, carriage motor and scan motor. I know the servo board is bad I can now see where it has failed. I don't want to take a chance on replacing that and something else causing the problem. Haven't ordered the parts yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to do that or just use this machine for parts.

Sign Maker

Have ic3 on the servo board blowing up I would look at the scan motor
Have ic2 on the servo board blowing up I would look at the feed motor.
Check motor if short circuit

I have check both ic2 and ic3. They are both blown. Also, ic11 is blown. I am thinking I should replace the servo board, the feed motor, and the scan motor. Can you give me a clue on the ic11? Thanks in advance I really appreciate it.