• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Set up help please!!!

amy s.

I'm connecting my signmaker 4b with a cad link to FlexiStarter 8.6. In set up I've chosen Gerber and GS15 Plus HPGL on Com1. I've tried other ports but this seems to be the only one that works. Having a problem with a certain multi line file not cutting all the copy. It just stops before finished. Flexi tech support says it may be a "memory problem" with my 4b. Don't think so since I was using it until 3 mo ago with no problems at all....cut like a dream, however large a file I sent it. Now with Flexi it doesn't??? Help out there!!! I need this to cut sandblast mask and without it I'm "up the creek". :banghead:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think your problem is in the driver you've chosen. Choose either the GS15 (not plus) or choose the Thermazone HPGL. It sounds like Flexi is expecting that there is a buffer on the plotter end and I don't think your setup has one.

amy s.

I think your problem is in the driver you've chosen. Choose either the GS15 (not plus) or choose the Thermazone HPGL. It sounds like Flexi is expecting that there is a buffer on the plotter end and I don't think your setup has one.
Hey!! Thanks for the help, Fred. You were right!!! Thermazone HPGL-1 got it. It plots perfectly again. In case anyone wants to know: Com 1, 9600, 8, none, 1, Hardware.... were the settings that worked if someone has a similar plotter situation. I knew my 4b was ok, this gem has never failed me and has supported my business for 18 years now. Fred, you've put me back in the sandblasted sign business. Thanks a million!!