• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SG-300 Print and Cut Large Format Misalignment Due to Slipping

Dabistry

Does anyone know how to avoid slipping and misalignment with large format print/cut jobs on the Roland SG-300?

I have a 65in long print and cut job that gets misaligned when it comes to cutting. I even put plot marks and it scans them, rolls the media in and out while scanning and then cuts completely offset. This does not happen with my smaller jobs, so the machine itself isn't misaligned.

Any tips?

garyroy

2 tips.
Make sure all of your pinch rollers are on the machine to provide good tracking.
Also make sure that in VersaWorks the button was not checked for "Center on Media" in the Layout tab.

When printing a cut file, and when cutting that file it works best if that is NOT checked.

SlikGRFX

Troubleshoot the middle rollers. Make sure they are dead centred over each grit roller. Also enable pre feed with longer jobs.

We had similar issues with jobs 50"+. In the end we actually removed the middle rollers completely and both our SGs run perfectly now.