• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SG-540 Cutting Issues

aynor135

I've started getting wavy cuts on letters and even on my test print the circle is wavy. I have replaced the blade holder and blade. Still no better.

I've attached pictures.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6622[38146].jpg
    IMG_6622[38146].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6619[38147].jpg
    IMG_6619[38147].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122

Joe House

Something is loose. Does the knife holder feel solid? Can you wiggle it? Is your media slipping at all? Is there any play in the cut carriage?

cornholio

I've started getting wavy cuts on letters and even on my test print the circle is wavy. I have replaced the blade holder and blade. Still no better.

I've attached pictures.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello
Does it happen all the time, or just intermittently?
I'm asking, because i have a similar problem with a customer. (I'm certified Roland Tech)
With this machine, it only happens once every couple of weeks.
I would like to do a test, if it happens on every job.

aynor135

Hello
Does it happen all the time, or just intermittently?
I'm asking, because i have a similar problem with a customer. (I'm certified Roland Tech)
With this machine, it only happens once every couple of weeks.
I would like to do a test, if it happens on every job.
I would say it's intermittent. The Roland Tech came and did a Versaworks software update and it started cutting clean. Now it has started doing the exact same thing again. I will be back in touch with the Roland dealer today. I informed the tech when he was here in Feb that I keep getting a scan motor error 0040 often also.