• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SG300 ink changes density

p_vassilis

Hello all,

I have an SG300 with TE inks (official Roland ink for emerging markets) and print on Hotmark1792 transfer vinyl from VWDual which runs on Win10. I created a custom media profile using i1 profiler and the result was excellent. After a couple of days my prints came out reddish. I then printed a calibration strip (density control only) and measured it. To my surprise, the magenta was totally different. When profiling, the 100% magenta measured L* 54 a* 66 b* -20 (I didn't limit it) and after those couple of days it measured L* 46 a*73 b* -13. I haven't replaced the ink pouch, I always get an excellent test print, the environmental conditions are stable and within specs, the media is from the same roll. I cannot understand why this change, if you have any thoughts or suggestions please share.

Vassilis P.