• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SGIA Product of the Year

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Happy to announce that Gans Digital received 4 Product of the Year Awards for SGIA 2018! I have never won multiples in one year so I am pretty stoked about it. We won for our Backlit Film, Holographic Perf, 10' Seamless Wall Fabric, and JET550 Super Banner won for best non-textile banner material. Our dye sub backlit fabric also won, but it was submitted by the MFG so they won the award for that one.

Attachments

• bf9potya.JPG
    bf9potya.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 228
  • hwpvpotya.JPG
    hwpvpotya.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 245
  • jet550potya.JPG
    jet550potya.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 193
  • jettexpotya.JPG
    jettexpotya.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 191

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It's fine outdoors but it's generally used in light box applications. This is traditional backlit film, not translucent adhesive vinyl. Most guys use the trans.vinyl for their big outdoor applications.

bannertime

It's fine outdoors but it's generally used in light box applications. This is traditional backlit film, not translucent adhesive vinyl. Most guys use the trans.vinyl for their big outdoor applications.

Gotcah, yeah, that's what I was wondering.

Congratulations. What are the requirements for this? Did you submit on your own. I'm very skeptical of these types of awards. Once had a boss win woman of the year for some womens business thing. Turns out she had to pay to be in the running of which only 3 other were there. It was California Business Woman of the Year. Looks like there was 60-70 or so categories and about 250 entries. So each category only had about 3 or 4 entries? I'm not trying to take anything away from the award. Just trying to figure out how the items are selected and then awarded. I would never pick a material because it won an award.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Congratulations. What are the requirements for this? Did you submit on your own. I'm very skeptical of these types of awards. Once had a boss win woman of the year for some womens business thing. Turns out she had to pay to be in the running of which only 3 other were there. It was California Business Woman of the Year. Looks like there was 60-70 or so categories and about 250 entries. So each category only had about 3 or 4 entries? I'm not trying to take anything away from the award. Just trying to figure out how the items are selected and then awarded. I would never pick a material because it won an award.

The requirements are that you are part of the SGIA organization and that the material is unique and special in someway. Each entry costs money to enter and there was a record number of submissions this year so each year it gets a little harder to win. It's just a big deal for SGIA to recognize your company is the main thing. If you look at the winners, we are in some pretty great company. The materials are judged by a panel of sign shops and experts throughout the industry. It's definitely not just a participation award thats for sure.

The requirements are that you are part of the SGIA organization and that the material is unique and special in someway. Each entry costs money to enter and there was a record number of submissions this year so each year it gets a little harder to win. It's just a big deal for SGIA to recognize your company is the main thing. If you look at the winners, we are in some pretty great company. The materials are judged by a panel of sign shops and experts throughout the industry. It's definitely not just a participation award thats for sure.

This is what I was wondering. Seems like there are so many awards these days that are basically just pay to play. You pay we give you an award. This sounds similar for the entry but with some added qualifications that are needed to actually win. Congrats again.

Jun Lanon

Happy to announce that Gans Digital received 4 Product of the Year Awards for SGIA 2018! I have never won multiples in one year so I am pretty stoked about it. We won for our Backlit Film, Holographic Perf, 10' Seamless Wall Fabric, and JET550 Super Banner won for best non-textile banner material. Our dye sub backlit fabric also won, but it was submitted by the MFG so they won the award for that one.
Congratulation.