• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Sharpen Your Edge" promotion from Gerber

Barry Jenicek

First, let me say that I am NOT, in any way, affiliated with Gerber Scientific.

If this promotion is coming to your city, be SURE to take advantage of it!!! This is what I experienced.

As the Tech began to set up my Edge, I noticed he had several boxes of parts, gears, plastic hold downs, air filled lifts, etc. That's when I knew this was how Gerber was going to be making money from it...by charging for parts.

The Tech guy ran a test plot using my Edge showing me the "before" image. Then proceeded to lay out a number of parts to show me saying, "This is what we will be replacing today". Sarcastically, I said "All for free, right?". His answer was "That's correct".

After I picked up my chin that hit the floor, I said "You've got to be kidding, what's the catch?". "No Catch" was his reply. I know the Gerber price of the air filled lifts and he was giving me those for free??? WOW and Double WOW!!!

While he was working on the Edge, I was ushered into another room where Rob Fisher took over. I gave him an over-view of my experience with the Omega software, which was not much, because we are a Dimensional Shop more than a Digital Shop having a 408 router. I had several pages of questions for him and he answered everyone of them...and then some. This was like attending a one-on-one software class with me being the only attendee. By-the-way, Rob really knows his stuff!!!

All in all, this was a TERRIFIC Benefit for the end user and the end user. (note the end user remark) The only benefit Gerber received was the opportunity to show their commitment to Customer Care and Satisfaction...two categories most companies don't know anything about.

And mind you, this was for a piece of equipment that is somewhat obsolete since the FX is now on the market.

Well anyway, I want to thank Gerber for this event and to the Tech Rep (I don't know his name) and to Rob Fisher. For me, this was a fantastic opportunity. Check it out at http://www.gspinc.com/sharp/index.html

Here is a list of what the Tech will replace and adjust...all for FREE.

Take-up Clutches
Suply Clutches
Cover Struts
Vinyl Squeegees
Foil Squeegee
Foil Static Brush
Viny Static Brush
Front & Rar Viny Pressuer Feet
Ground Strap
Oil and Align all Spockets

Barry Jenicek
Signs by Unique
St. Louis, MO

beckys

wow, good to know!! thanks
I have the oldest I think that might need a few new parts..
So, you go to this thing, and take your Edge with you??

GB2

Old Member
For anybody who has gone to this, how did you transport your Edge? Did you do anything special or just put it in the car and go? I thought there is some way that you are supposed to secure the head if you are moving it but I'm not sure.

Barry Jenicek

Transporting your Edge

Yes, you have to take your Edge along with you. Once you arrive at the Hotel where the promotion is taking place, simply drive up to the front door and grab one of those luggage carts (all hotels have them) and place you Edge on it.

When I took my machine in, I used the shipping brackets to hold the head in place. When I arrived, the Tech was ready to plug it in and I told him the brackets were installed. I was about the 8th Edge he worked on an he told me so far, I was the only one who took the time to do it.

Knowing what a new head would cost should it get bounced around, I think it is a good idea to install them, however, it sounded like a lot of folks did not do it.

Bj