• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet set error...

CarNate69

My Xc-540 is getting a sheet set error no matter what I do.. It will also have a hard time finding the crop marks sometimes. This is something that is new and hasn't happened in the past, so I know I am setting the printer up correctly.

Is this the data cable? Is there anything else I can do to try to bandaid this situation? Anyone have any advice on replacing it or getting by until I can replace it?

It doesn't do the sheet set error all the time, and it doesn't miss the crop marks all the time either, does this mean that the data cable is dead, or I should look into another option?

CarNate69

I replaced the cut carriage cable today, so far, so good.

Install was a 2 out of 5 on difficulty, just need to take your time and be sure you put it together the right way and get the cable the right tension for the plastic sheath it's in.

emagraphics

Sheet Set Error WTF!!!

My Xc-540 is getting a sheet set error no matter what I do.. It will also have a hard time finding the crop marks sometimes. This is something that is new and hasn't happened in the past, so I know I am setting the printer up correctly.

Is this the data cable? Is there anything else I can do to try to bandaid this situation? Anyone have any advice on replacing it or getting by until I can replace it?

It doesn't do the sheet set error all the time, and it doesn't miss the crop marks all the time either, does this mean that the data cable is dead, or I should look into another option?

I have the exact same problem - Ive replaced the cable and im still getting this error. Any advice you can give? Im baffled

splizaat

I have the exact same problem - Ive replaced the cable and im still getting this error. Any advice you can give? Im baffled

Try cleaning your encoder strip. Or check the install the on your replacement cable...maybe you didn't install it properly.

If you're having trouble reading crop marks, check to make sure the eye is clean with a qtip.

emagraphics

Main Board

Thank you for the reply. I think I found the problem - on my main board there is a cable detached from the board. I would have to figure this is my issue.