• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shipping issues

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
There is an endless list of reasons why there is a supposed trucker shortage....

After 20 years over the road, seeing the Gubment implement new rules about when you can eat, where and when you can sleep, or even take a dump, still low pay and an endless list of what it takes to get and do the job, the stress, the inspections, high jackings, and on and on....

No intelligent human wants that kind of job...

Being gone a month at a time, told you can go home at Christmas, and it never happens?

Many think its good money, and it is, but sitting in front of a computer is easier and pays just as good.

Drivers like me, with millions of miles of accident free driving can't get the work because of our age.... sure some can, but most can't... This ain't the old dayz....

The Gubment runs your life, whether you think so or not or like it or not!

I quit because f the ELD!

Been in the Sign Business all my life, and it's still a great job... Took years to cater it to my likings.... but it's getting pretty tough too.
But who pushed the ELD? The mega carriers. Who pushed speed limiters so the O/O would have a hard time making money? The mega carriers. Who pushed all of the emissions regulations? The engine and truck manufacturers. They don't make money on your old trucks that you can fix yourself and rebuild 10 times over. These were all lobbying efforts cloaked in "safety" by the big boys to run off the small guys and owner operators who will not run teams but are willing to hustle 7 days a week 14 hours a day at 80 mph. The big guys can hire the 2 idiots for peanuts, get them a cracker jack box CDL and keep buying throwaway plastic trucks in large volume every few years. People with money use the government to do their dirty deeds

Johnny Best

Truckers are striking in California at the ports. Our transportation secretary and Joe are not up to the task to fix things.