• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping label printer

jiarby

Anone have a preference between a ZP450 thermal label printer and an LP2844 Label Printer?

This is to print 4x6 UPS & USPS shipping labels.

They are about the same price (used locally $40-$45). The ZP450 is close by, but the LP2844 is a bit of a drive.

If they are the same price, is the LP2844 better enough to make a drive over a closer ZP450?

I am talking about 50ish miles each way for the LP2844 vs 15miles for the ZP450.

I have a feeling that the LP2844 is a more durable printer, but the ZP450 will probably be "good enough".

Right now I am printing 2-up labels on 8.5x11 label sheets with a Laser printer but I want to add the ability to print the postage directly using stamps.com or endicia.com.

No more trips to the post office for me! It is 9 miles away, and at 16mpg's in my truck it costs almost 3 bucks to go there & back... plus the time and hassle.

jiarby

I ended up getting the close-by (5 minutes) Zebra ZP450... for $25
Prints UPS labels direct from Quickbooks and USPS labels using ShipRush.

Still looking for a goos solution to print the postage, either with the ZP450 on the 4x6 labels of using a separate printer (like a Dymo)

Attachments

• 450.jpg
    450.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 92
  • UPS.jpg
    UPS.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 250

Locals Find!

I bought a dymo to print postage earlier this year. Then abandoned the idea. Once I added in the cost of the labels on top of the postage it wasn't worth it.

You can order stamps online direct from USPS now. They mail em too you. Never have to leave the house/office. No extra charges. I found that just made more sense financially regardless of how much postage your using.

royster13

When you use these label printers does UPS/Fedex provide labels and what is the cost......I use a couple hundred shipping labels a years and print them on bond paper in my b&w laser printer.....The cost of buying blank labels and a dedicated printer seemed to me to make it not worthwhile......

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We were given a ZP500 from Fedex free of charge. Best thing is the label is free of charge. Call Fedex customer service, ask who your account representative. Talk to him about your business and at the end say you want a printing label for Christmas (lol). The printer and label should show up in a few days.

jiarby

Once I added in the cost of the labels on top of the postage it wasn't worth it.

Endicia postage labels cost about 1¢ each... less if you buy in bulk. I just paid $7.87 for 700 labels (free shipping) One trip to the post office is 17 miles, about $2.85 in gas, plus the time and inevitable hassles.

I got the ZP500 (and get free UPS 4x6 labels) AND... yesteday I caught a Dymo LabelWriter Twin Turbo for $50 .... So it looks like I am setup hardware wise. I can print USPS Priority/Parcel 4x6 labels and also individual stamps.

Now I have to decide which service will be best for us...
Endicia, Stamps.com, ShipRush, etc...

Kemble

4 years ago when we were looking for a thermal label printer we bought a used Zebra 2844 on eBay, it still runs great. It stays powered on 24/7. We put about 800-1000 labels a month through it & clean the head every time we change the rolls.

We purchase our labels by the case. We use Endicia with ShipWorks.

jiarby

Hey Kemble... where do your orders come from? ebay? amazon? your own cart?
how do yo like SW?

Way back in my past life I was actually a certified Zebra service tech! (600's 105's, Stripes)... before these little ones!