• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Shopvox Alternative

Dale D

Shopvox has its abilities, but what Im finding is, its way too much for a 1-2 person shop. All I need is square integration, ability to log monthly tax collected from sales, and ability to set up a hand full of products. Any suggestions to a more basic alternative??

I have also tried their new version of Shopvox, but Im not impressed when they tell me I cant even add business cards to their list of items yet.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Any suggestions to a more basic alternative??
Look into QuickBooks integration with Square. For your products, quickbooks (maybe online version only) offers the feature of "bundles" where you build your unique product from your products / services list.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
All I need is square integration, ability to log monthly tax collected from sales, and ability to set up a hand full of products.
The ability to send a proof was not included in your first post. So, go ahead and list the things you're really expecting. There are solutions out there.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Shopvox has its abilities, but what Im finding is, its way too much for a 1-2 person shop. All I need is square integration, ability to log monthly tax collected from sales, and ability to set up a hand full of products. Any suggestions to a more basic alternative??

I have also tried their new version of Shopvox, but Im not impressed when they tell me I cant even add business cards to their list of items yet.
When you say "way too much", are you talking cost or complexity of the program? SV is a bit to set up, but once you get there you are pretty set. If it is cost, going below $100 a month you are likely going to lose a lot of features. We only use a fraction of SV's capabilities, but the features we use are very valuable.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Dale D

Its not as much the cost being below 100 p month.
As far as options, yes proofing would be nice but if I have to, I can do it through Flexi.
For 3 months, they have not been able to get ANY credit card reader to work. This makes it hard when you have a customer sitting right there waiting while I manually type in everything. And yes the set up is overwhelming. Especially since Im the only one really doing everything in the shop, I dont need all the production features.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Its not as much the cost being below 100 p month.
As far as options, yes proofing would be nice but if I have to, I can do it through Flexi.
For 3 months, they have not been able to get ANY credit card reader to work. This makes it hard when you have a customer sitting right there waiting while I manually type in everything. And yes the set up is overwhelming. Especially since Im the only one really doing everything in the shop, I dont need all the production features.
You mean a credit card reader to connect directly into Shopvox? I didn't know that could be done. That stinks that it is broken now, support can't fix that? Do you get a lot of walk in traffic? We have Authorize.net set up and it is great. I can email a Sales Order or Invoice and send a payment link. Customer takes care of payment online. But we get very little walk in traffic.

Dale D

I do get a decent amount of walk in traffic. Yes, I've had tech guys spend hours (over 3 months) on trying to fix it only with "well we don't know why its not working" They promised me that if I tried their new Beta version, it should be fixed. It does input the card number, (with a wrong exp date) but I still have to put in everything else. I reverted back to Pro for now.

Stacey K

I like making signs
1 person plus helpers here:

Wave Accounting is FREE. It integrates with Square. Very simple to use, not complicated.
Need to send out a PDF proof with a signature? PandaDoc FREE. Better than Adobe in my opinion.
Need to keep jobs in order on your computer? Stardock Fences is FREE. Create a fence, name it and drop your job folder in, move it at every stage.

I like free and simple.

Ardor Creative

As a 1-2 person shop I also under utilize SV but synced with QB online I've been able to do everything I need between the two. I use QB for all my merchant processing, simply because it auto posts everything for me. I tried only QB for a while but found it very annoying and difficult to properly quote and manage jobs. I like how I can access SV from any browser, whether it's my phone, Mac or PC. I'll be honest, I did prefer SignVox but they won't offer it ever again.
You mentioned business cards, when I logged into SV they had a handful of business card options presaved into my products.

Dale D

....and to top it off, late this past Friday, I could not get into my account for about 35 min and part of that was while I had customers standing there waiting for a receipt. Since I couldnt get into the account to get live help, I had to go to there web site and email support. It was almost as if their sertvers were down. I still had 238 mbps speed, and could access any other site. After about 32-35 min, it came back online and I was able to get back in.

Stacey K

I like making signs
....and to top it off, late this past Friday, I could not get into my account for about 35 min and part of that was while I had customers standing there waiting for a receipt. Since I couldnt get into the account to get live help, I had to go to there web site and email support. It was almost as if their sertvers were down. I still had 238 mbps speed, and could access any other site. After about 32-35 min, it came back online and I was able to get back in.
You should have a hand receipt book for emergencies. I've had no internet a couple times so either they trust you to email the receipt later or you use your receipt book then email later.