• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ShopVox - I cannot enter new customers

SignProPlus-Chip

Anyone else using ShopVox right now? Having this issue?

It was working last night. Now today we cannot enter new customers. We enter all of their info, hit save, the save button dims but nothing happens.

I'm so happy I brought a pile of work home with me to get some quotes and invoicing done. Without being able to enter customer info, I cannot generate a quote or invoice....completely dead in the water.

I also found out yesterday that we cannot track salespeople's commissions, because every salesperson is required to have a ShopVox seat in order to be added as a rep for a client. I guess they don't realize that many shops have sales people and estimators, where salespeople never need to touch the software but we still need to track the sales they bring in.

According to ShopVox, every single person in your shop needs a seat and their own e-mail address. Even the jobs/workflow board is only viewable by full users. When I asked ShopVox as to how I am supposed to schedule tasks for my fabricators and installers, I was told they can be "schedule users" and I can send them an e-mail. Yes, this make sense, because all shops have a computer and e-mail dedicated to every single employee.

At the very least a "schedule user" should be able to log in and VIEW THE SCHEDULING. All I want is a workflow board that can be seen by everyone so we are all on the same page. We use Trello now but I was hoping ShopVox would bring this all under one roof for efficiency. For example, my employee running the printer currently has a column in Trello, where the jobs are listed with any notes, due date etc... This is literally the ONLY info this employee needs to do their job. ShopVox requires an extra seat for this employee to view the scheduling for print jobs. Or, I can make them a "schedule user" furnish them with an an e-mail address to send them their tasks. If I do the latter, then I have to constantly send e-mails they have to open, and somehow keep organized and in order on their end. Meanwhile with Trello you can keep one column with the tasks and drag and drop to reorder, tag as priority etc... I could keep them organized on the jobs board in SignVox too, but again, a scheduled user cannot access this info.

ShopVox has GREAT potential but the restrictions are driving me crazy...Software should be flexible and conform to your business. Your business should not have to conform to the software or pay to access simple features that should be standard.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Anyone else using ShopVox right now? Having this issue?

It was working last night. Now today we cannot enter new customers. We enter all of their info, hit save, the save button dims but nothing happens.

I'm so happy I brought a pile of work home with me to get some quotes and invoicing done. Without being able to enter customer info, I cannot generate a quote or invoice....completely dead in the water.

I also found out yesterday that we cannot track salespeople's commissions, because every salesperson is required to have a ShopVox seat in order to be added as a rep for a client. I guess they don't realize that many shops have sales people and estimators, where salespeople never need to touch the software but we still need to track the sales they bring in.

According to ShopVox, every single person in your shop needs a seat and their own e-mail address. Even the jobs/workflow board is only viewable by full users. When I asked ShopVox as to how I am supposed to schedule tasks for my fabricators and installers, I was told they can be "schedule users" and I can send them an e-mail. Yes, this make sense, because all shops have a computer and e-mail dedicated to every single employee.

At the very least a "schedule user" should be able to log in and VIEW THE SCHEDULING. All I want is a workflow board that can be seen by everyone so we are all on the same page. We use Trello now but I was hoping ShopVox would bring this all under one roof for efficiency. For example, my employee running the printer currently has a column in Trello, where the jobs are listed with any notes, due date etc... This is literally the ONLY info this employee needs to do their job. ShopVox requires an extra seat for this employee to view the scheduling for print jobs. Or, I can make them a "schedule user" furnish them with an an e-mail address to send them their tasks. If I do the latter, then I have to constantly send e-mails they have to open, and somehow keep organized and in order on their end. Meanwhile with Trello you can keep one column with the tasks and drag and drop to reorder, tag as priority etc... I could keep them organized on the jobs board in SignVox too, but again, a scheduled user cannot access this info.

ShopVox has GREAT potential but the restrictions are driving me crazy...Software should be flexible and conform to your business. Your business should not have to conform to the software or pay to access simple features that should be standard.
Are you sure that when you scroll up, something isn't highlighted that's missing? This happens to me all the time. Seems it should be more intuitive, like a pop up box. Shopvox requires a lot of screen real estate.

Before we switched to Shopvox from Signvox, they advertised a "read only" user for $10 month. After I signed up, I was told that was no longer available. $20 month is a lot for EVERY employee to have access.

Signed Out

I just checked and I can add customers. Are you still having that problem?

We too are/have been very frustrated with the restrictions and inflexibility. Makes things worse when you are told things will be fixed or added very soon, and they aren't...

There is great potential with the software, but some changes/fixes need to be made first. And it is quite apparent that they aren't fixing things at this time and that all they care about is bringing in new customers from other non sign related industries. Which would be fine and smart, but the platform needs work before it expands.

The multiple user issue is just the latest case of stupidity.

DirtyD

The multiple user issue is just the latest case of stupidity.

Couldn't agree more on this, I bounce from desktop to laptop to tablet, So now if I dont log out of my PC and leave for a survey or meeting I cant login on my tablet - I would be fine with it as long as when you log in on another computer it logs you out of the other one

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Couldn't agree more on this, I bounce from desktop to laptop to tablet, So now if I dont log out of my PC and leave for a survey or meeting I cant login on my tablet - I would be fine with it as long as when you log in on another computer it logs you out of the other one
I've never had that problem. It will always login fine, but it kicks me out of the other location. It is rather annoying. A few times I have lost a little bit that was entered in and not saved yet.
I suppose the purpose is to prevent sharing 1 login with the whole shop. I wish there was another way.