• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

short heavy duty steel step stakes?

JERHEMI

I have this landscaper who wants some small 12" x 18" aluminum signs (maybe smaller) with their info on them to place in the landscaping of their customers, however they want to keep them low to the ground and not overbearing. All the steel step stakes with bolt holes I come across are tall and display a sign 24" or so off the ground...they want something that is going to be 6" or less from the ground. One alternative is to buy standard size and just cut them down to size and redrill the holes, however I figured I ask to see if someone knows of something existing available before I do this? Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since the item doesn't exist [I never saw mini size legs]... I would have them fabricated and charge the customer for 'Custom Made' stands.

G-Artist

We have done something similar in the past. We used Fiberglas panels but this should work on with any substrate.

This is quick, dirty and cheap and will look great if done carefully.

Posts: your choice but let's use furring strips as an example.

Cut posts to length. Point one end. Bang in ground, straight and level.

Attach a strip of VHB tape slightly less in length than the sign.

Carefully align and affix sign back to the tape.

Stand back and admire your work.

Client can use two stakes spaced slightly apart if that is the desire. We suggest putting stakes in the ground first so that their tops will fall below the sign top for aesthetics.

ABPGraphics

Not sure what the stakes are made of - I would try Gill-Line or Stouse

Attachments

• gill.jpg
    gill.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 72

G-Artist

Gill's stakes are aluminum. 36" tall and made of 5/8" x 1/2" square tubes (with [plastic?] safety cap).

The stakes come with DS sticky tape applied.

Sign substrate is .055" white polyethylene.

petrosgraphics

check with Dee Sign, they handle a wide selection of frames for the real estate industry..

bought from them many a times.... all sorts of frames, cross arm arraingements, etc.

web site: DeeSignCompany.com / phone: 1-800-dee-sign......