• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Short Rolls.....grrrrrr

DigiPrinter

I don't like to get a print started and leave the shop until it's done but I do sometimes. The last time I did this I came back to a bunch of head striking..........grrrr.

I have a project I'm working on that involves 71' runs. I printed the first and took it off the print and then printed the second. I left a little tail from the first and a slight lead....no more than 2'. So that would add up to 73' and if I multiplied by 2 that would be 146'. Did my 150' roll of material have 150' of material - NOPE.

For this particular project, if I cut a run short it's ok. The irking thing for me is how the manufacturers glue the end of the roll to the tube to where it won't release at the end. If it released then I wouldn't have come back to a bunch of head striking cause it would have it the sensor to shut the machine down.

I'm not leaving the machine by itself anymore for the second half a run....