• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Short Run Packaging

RX_Digital

I have a lot of customers ask me about short run custom packaging. I have the equipment to print and cut boxes, however, I can't find a credible source to get box files or a packaging engineer that would give me the time of day. Any suggestions? I have a customer that uses a lot of white faced corrugation so material supply is not an issue.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
With computerized equipment, I would imagine a lot of packaging companies now have the capabilities to do short-runs and so a lot of that work will be difficult to get. Packaging engineers aren't going to cut their own throats by divulging any information.

As far as cut files go, (unless the packaging design is patented) all you need to do is ask for samples and reverse engineer an existing box. If you have a local vocational school/college nearby, enlist the help from their CAD students to assist with the reverse engineering if you don't have CAD capabilities.

JB