• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should the cutter carriage have resistance during Limit Initialization?

John.

Hi Guys,

Today my SP-540v stopped during a print, and read "Motor Error 0010 0010" - I powered down and back on and it started printing OK, but occurred again at the same position - I'm pretty sure my scan motor is toast. It's jittery and since it has slammed the cut carriage into the head shortly after powering on.

I tried to run the limit initialization but I'm getting resistance from the motor when I attempt to slide the cutter carriage to the down position - I don't recall this being the case previously when I did it years ago.

Would you consider this to be a motor problem or a servo board?

Thanks in advance for any tips, advice or knowledge.

FrankW

Do you have resistance too when trying to move the head when the printer is switched off? If yes, it is not a problem of the servo board.

These motors could wear out.

John.

Do you have resistance too when trying to move the head when......

No, there is no resistance when the power is off. I've ordered in a new scan motor, and will try that before I change the board.

Fingers crossed the motor is the issue