• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shout Out To Gino

phototec

Not to spill the beans, however in his last PM to me, Gino was telling me about the Signs101 god's attempts at discouraging the long timers on here who have stood up to many controversial subjects, even asking some to STOP posting on this site.

So, no wonder why so many are leaving, if the powers in charge don't like what you have to say, they just screen you out!

It will be interesting to see if this post somehow disappears?

:wavingflag:
FREEDOM OF SPEACH!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I thought he was in Brazil playing for the Men's National team.....

wayne k
guam usa

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Having been on the backside of this site and knowing
some of the d-bag b.s. that some people pull in real life...

Fred doesn't get enough credit and he can never be paid
enough to deal with most of this crap. He's trying to run
the most successful sign (and design) forum on the internet.
He needs most of the old-timers here... I've never heard of
anyone being told to stop posting... I'm sure he may have
some thoughts about some old timers here... but he's never
shown that in the forum... all I know is a few of you d-bag,
old timers can kiss my a$$...

oh by the way, I'm not including Gino in the gluteal smacking...

SignosaurusRex

:goodpost:
Sometimes it's just a whole lot easier and safer to park in the shadows where those that don't want to see you, won't ...and those that want to, will.

player

Geno has a lot to offer this forum. I would like him to at least come back and tell me what a jack arse I am...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not to spill the beans, however in his last PM to me, Gino was telling me about the Signs101 god's attempts at discouraging the long timers on here who have stood up to many controversial subjects, even asking some to STOP posting on this site.

A couple of Gino's PMs have been forwarded to me and all I can do is shake my head in wonder at the turn he seems to have taken. He appears to be very confused, at times irrational, more than a little mean spirited towards this site and a number of members, and apparently hell bent on hurting Signs 101.

I invite you to name or point to the attempts you mention. While it is true that I asked a member, who will remain nameless, to stop posting, it was with the additional statement: "until you can get control of yourself". Putting that in context, the member was exchanging PMs with me in which he apologized for his posting behavior and admitted that he had recently come under the care of a psychiatrist and was hoping the meds he was taking would help. No action was taken other than deleting a number of overly rude posts and he has resumed posting.

You may recall that this current matter began when Gino questioned the deletion of a thread and it escalated into an argument over Gino's posting style. The thread in question, which I explained in that exchange, was removed at the request of the OP. In 11 years of managing Signs 101, honoring such requests has always been the policy.

So, no wonder why so many are leaving, if the powers in charge don't like what you have to say, they just screen you out!

Sounds like you're drinking Gino' Koolaid in large gulps. The only screening we do is rule violations and unnecessarily rude posts. Members come and go all the time and for all sorts of reasons. All I can do is to manage Signs 101 to the best of my ability and as I see it. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to leave or stay. I rarely do anything one way or the other. As a side note, some may find it interesting that less members have been banned in 11 years than join Signs 101 each and every week.

In Gino's case, however, it has become obvious that he has decided to work against the best interests of Signs 101 in a clandestine fashion which I am no longer willing to facilitate for him. To that end, I have suspended his permissions to post, view images or use the private messaging system at Signs 101. This is not a decision that was arrived at quickly or easily.

It will beinterestingtoseeif this post somehow disappears?

:wavingflag:
FREEDOM OF SPEACH!

:pops_blinking: Check back often. This thread, as with most, will still be here.

SPEECH not SPEACH

player

Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino Gino

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

....some may find it interesting that less members have been banned in 11 years than join Signs 101 each and every week.

Hmmm......
Fred, with all due respect... I don't think that 90% of those members that signed up over the last 11 years count. Most of that 90% are not active and never were for one reason or other.

I have suspended his permissions to post, view images or use the private messaging system at Signs 101.

Isn't that pretty much being banned? :rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hmmm......
Fred, with all due respect... I don't think that 90% of those members that signed up over the last 11 years count. Most of that 90% are not active and never were for one reason or other.

Brian, I think you aren't aware of the actual numbers.

In 11 years, there have been 162 members banned. That's .44% of all members and easily half of them were spammers. Historically about 10% to 20% of all members ever post. Some that don't post are intimidated by existing posts and most are looking for an answer and not a community. They find it or they don't but they simply never return. So your active member calculation is in the ballpark, but I don't think your point is relevant.

Isn't that pretty much being banned? :rolleyes:

Pretty close. It's uncharted territory.

SignosaurusRex

In 11 years, there have been 162 members banned. That's .44% of all members and easily half of them were spammers. Historically about 10% to 20% of all members ever post. Some that don't post are intimidated by existing posts and most are looking for an answer and not a community. They find it or they don't but they simply never return. So your active member calculation is in the ballpark, but I don't think your point is relevant.

In an effort to remain "On-Topic" of the OP, I'll respectfully refrain from further response or comment on this issue for the time being.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

:omg:

Attachments

• RED-C.jpg
    RED-C.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 318