• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Show yours!

qmr55

Hey guys, since the Adobe Muse release there have been some cool ideas showing up on the web with different things people can do with Muse & Photoshop. Some really creative websites being made that to most people would look like any other professionally done website. I have been messing with it for a few weeks now and think it could have some major potential. While yes, I can write code and actually write script as well, I think it is pretty cool because it might be something that will ease the process of creating a website and let people really get more creative and focus on the design aspect. Especially those excellent designers who have no idea how to code.

Has anyone been messing with Muse? If so, show us what you have come up with so far! If not, you should then show us what you can do with it! Lots of different options so anything is possible.

I will post a website I am slowly developing on it as soon as I get some more done and publish it. So far though I really love it because of how creative you can get and not have to worry about typing all the code out or using the oh so confusing Dw.

So.....

AzGene

Oh Lord, and yet a new website program. Wondering if it doesn't do the same things other programs do but in a different way. After all a website is limited by how a browser reads it. Been working on a new site myself using expression web. Three steps forward and two steps back. But my old frontpage site is dated and dosen't perform like it used to. Sort of like an old mistress. BTW Pat your work in progess looks great, what are you using?

Charlie J

So I finally took some time to get comfortable with Muse.

Here's a site I built for my dad

http://chuckstowing.com

It's simple, but I've been telling him that I'd build him a site for about 4 years. Muse gets it done!

Pat Whatley

Finally got the festival site up. It's incredibly basic but it will serve it's purpose. Going to redesign the homepage in the next couple of weeks to include a scroll of the sponsor logos and give us a place for announcements. All in all it was pretty fun to do once I figured out what I was doing. Main thing I learned is TO SAVE THE DANG FILE.

www.riverandblues.net
Look and laugh....I don't care.

jkdbjj

So I finally took some time to get comfortable with Muse.

Here's a site I built for my dad

http://chuckstowing.com

It's simple, but I've been telling him that I'd build him a site for about 4 years. Muse gets it done!
Awesome job Charlie!

Some free SEO advice for you to help your dad. After all it is close to father's day ;-)

First: Make the logo at the top left corner a hyperlink that always takes people to the home page. Also make sure each of your images have alt:text. (if you need help with the alt tags let me know)

Second: The title description (the description on the internet tab at the top). Make it unique for each page. For example: the home page title might read "Tow Truck Service Company | Peoria IL", and then on the equipment page the title might read "Wrecker Truck Service| Peoria IL"

Make sure the name of the company is last on the title, as Google likes keywords first. Do that for each page.

Third: Make sure on each page you have a Header that repeats the Title description as close as is reasonable. Example, on the equipment page if the Title description is "Towing Equipment| Peoria IL", make sure the header on that actual page says the same thing or something close. Google really eats that up.

Fourth: Under the headers where the paragraphs or lists or data is, make sure once again that the words used in the Title and Header are repeated a few times, but in a way that it reads nicely.

Fifth:The actually link name to each page should be keyword specific also. For example: http://chuckstowing.com/services.html would be more powerful to say
http://chuckstowing.com/tow-truck-services-peoria-il.html

Hope you don't mind, doing just those things alone will make a huge difference in his web ranking. If you decide to take my advice, let me know when you make the changes, and I will show you how to make a sitemap to submit to google, so it can start revisiting his site to see the new changes quicker.