• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shrink/Stretch of canvas/vinyl off HP Latex 315

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

New to the sign business in the last year and getting terrible customer service help from Grimco where I bought my HP Latex 315. Phone calls and emails to both tech support and customer service routinely go unanswered. Just appalling. Alas, I am turning to the real experts (those here in the field) to help me out on this one...

I'm noticing a degree of inaccuracy in the final measurements of images I'm printing. Yesterday, I printed a 24"x24" image (checked digitally for accuracy of measurement) on Monet Canvas and it measured 23 7/8" x 23 13/16" after printing. I wondered if this could be the curing heat set too high which is causing shrinkage of the material/ink; however, I am noticing this across multiple media - vinyl, canvas, paper.

Additionally, I have printed long runs of labels for die-cutting on our matching HP 54 Plus Cutter (Graphtec die-cutter). What I find interesting is the spacing between stickers gradually lessens as the length of the material goes along; however, when I run it through the cutter, the die-cuts stay true to the actual labels. To me, this suggests some kind of coding error in the RIP that is giving inconsistent spacing to both the printer and the cut file. I'm running Flexi 21 on PC workstation.

Anyone experience these issues? Are they to be expected with this setup or does this point to a calibration or software issue?

Printer: HP Latex 315 (June 2021)
Cutter: HP 54 Plus
Workstation: PC - Windows 10 w/ Flexi 21
Files - created in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CC, NOT flexi

Many thanks,

Andrew