• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question side by side not working out

somcalmetim

It may be injection molded plastic if it is you are wasting your time.
Injection molded plastics typically have some residue of the mold release chemical they use in manufacturing on the surfaces...it can usually be removed by quickly flame treating the surface with a torch to burn off the coating then using you typical thinners/prep solution. Should install fine after that.

unclebun

Pretty sure the Bobcat is the same as all other side by sides, ATVs, and dirt bikes. The body is LSE (low surface energy) plastic which makes it easier to wash dirt off. It also makes regular vinyls and especially low-tack vinyls like wrap vinyls not stick. Typically you make graphics for them, using a template for cutting the various pieces, rather than wrapping them. And those graphics have to have high tack adhesives made to stick on the LSE plastic.

judead

Injection molded plastics typically have some residue of the mold release chemical they use in manufacturing on the surfaces...it can usually be removed by quickly flame treating the surface with a torch to burn off the coating then using you typical thinners/prep solution. Should install fine after that.
You can do this but the results are a mixed bag usually ending in a not so good product my advice is to get a high energy vinyl but then you aren’t wrapping. It’s decals.

unclebun

Agree. I know from experience flaming the plastics weakens them and makes them brittle. Even if you do it with a heat gun.