• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Company Management Software - leaning to SignTracker - need guidance

MarkH42

We currently have 8 employees including me, and we do a blend of wide format printing, including decals, banners, signs, digital prints, vehicle graphics, wall graphics, posters, etc. After years of doing things the old fashioned way, we are going to make the jump to sign management software. The primary issues we are trying to streamline are estimating and job tracking. We use Quickbooks and we need whatever software we choose to work well with QB. I have done some initial research on software and have read dozens of posts on this site related to the subject. Rather than using EstiMate or GraphixCalc for estimating and another software for job tracking, I'd like to find a single software for both. I have considered Cyrious and SignVox, but both seem more sophisticated (and expensive) than we need at this point. Going from where we are now, I am reluctant to jump immediately to one of these solutions because I think the front-end setup work would overwhelm us. My current plan is to sign up for the 30 day trial of SignTracker. It seems to be a more basic product than Cyrious or SignVox and maybe there are some limitations that we will encounter at some point, but considering it has a free 30 day trial and a modest per month cost beyond that, I plan to start there and if we see limitations and we want to move to a more sophisticated software, we won't have lost much.

Any feedback on this subject will be appreciated. I'm having trouble seeing how to avoid entering an order into SignTracker AND Quickbooks, so if you have experience dealing with this, please let me know. I'm not married to SignTracker, so if you see reasons to go another route, I'm open to that. Thanks in advance for your help!

MarkH42

Thanks for the info Pete! We will definitely explore this option along with stand-alone estimating software.

Kevin-shopVOX

Thanks for the info Pete! We will definitely explore this option along with stand-alone estimating software.

Hi Mark - just wanted to let you know signVOX is now shopVOX. We have 2 versions of it - PRO and Express. Express would be comparable to jetpack, your mentioned wants/needs and is at a lower price point. It also hooks up to QB Online/Desktop and syncs orders in which you then deploy jobs into your custom production process. You can get a free trial by visiting shopVOX | shop management software for sign shops, print shops, screen printing and embroidery Let me know if you have any questions.

Sidney

Hello Mark,

GraphixCalc includes estimating, job tracking, QuickBooks Integration and workflow amongst many other features. GraphixCalc is deep yet has a simple UI. Feel free to contact me for a Free Walk-Through.

DerbyCitySignGuy

We currently use Cyrious Control and the previous shop I was at used it as well. It's VERY robust software, but it's not terribly intuitive. There's a large learning curve, but once you figure it out, you can do almost anything with it. It's pretty good stuff.