• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Designer for Hire?

buggyjr12

Hello, I'm looking for someone to outsource some of my artwork needs to. I don't have enough demand to hire someone full-time, so I'm looking for a "freelancer." They must have a good understanding of sign layout and design, not just a clipart cd and all the latest Photoshop plug-ins. It's mostly 4'x8' signs and trailer wraps. Any help would be appreciated.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I tried doing some freelance wraps before and it didn't work out so well. I was given an initial layout and just need to make a few changes and add-ons. No problem, "what are the add-ons"? Weeks go by, no reply, I send several other emails, nothing. I eventually ended up doing nothing but still got paid for my time. My conscious didn't feel right so I sent the money back and we parted ways.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
There are some things that can be done remote but a lot of things are hard. I have thought of subbing some one off type things but there are so many times that you have to go back out to verify things on the vehicle plus the back and forth is a slow process. What does seem to work decently is getting a layout or whatever done and then you doing all of the tweaks, adding cutlines, adjusting fonts, sizing etc. It gets you past that hump of a blank slate.