• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign post remover?

knucklehead

If you're not having to re-use the post, why not just hit em with a sawzall, and tap the stump with the big hammer. Then put new post a couple inches over. Besides, what would hubby rather have for his birthday, a big jack, some chain, and ointment for his sore back, or a brand new 19.4 volt Milwalkee sawzall?

GB2

Old Member
The Hi Lift All Cast Jack is the premier tool

www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks

There are cheap imatations but I would only suggest the original. The Post Popper tool is OK if you are dealing with light weight posts, it was really made for fence posts not sign structure posts.

Flubber

Add the cost of what a front end loader or a bobcat would cost and then you could have it done in one day and NO BACKACHES!!!! Hell you might not even break a sweat! Take the easy way out.

Time is Money!!!!!

If you know somebody that has a small winch lift on a boom (you know the ones on the back of the full size work trucks you just hook a chain up and lift if its close to the road.

Last edited:

BROWNDOG

just got to say thanks to this thread, first read it wed. night, ran over to my dads shed "borrowed" his farm jack, had to yank out 10 4x4's yesterday, first one took 20 minutes and a huge blood blister to figure it out, the next nine took 20 minutes all together!
my back will forever be greatfull,