• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Pricing Guide

dlndesign

I am looking for another sign pricing guide NOT SIGN CRAFTS pricing guide. There was a Sign Bluebook that was out in 2009 that I could never get my hands on, but would be what I am looking for. Anyone have a copy they are willing to part with?
Or does someone have a better pricing guide that they can refer me to?

ionsigns

My prices in my market are still lower than the 1994 Sign Pricing Guide I purchased in...well 1994.

Either set your prices with relation to overhead, the $ per hour you want to earn or get together with your competition and set prices [collusion is illegal] so you all make escalated profits from shared revenues in markets. hahaha.

Pricing guides are crap in most markets.

Ask your customers what they want to pay and why? Then you get to know if your customers are educated or not. Then educate them with your prices that you have investigated re: your desired income and overhead. If someone undercuts you ask the prospect why would a "good vendor" slash prices? Poor quality and inexperience is usually the answer.

Sell quality...not low prices.

Biker Scout

Just use thesignexpert.com pricing guide. It's handy, and the customer can actually look over your shoulder when you are pricing. Then when they see the price on the screen, you can then offer a 15%-25% per discount, because "you like them" and you are a hero and you still make a quite a bit!

ChiknNutz

A possibly better alternative for you to consider is pricing software made specifically for the sign industry. Several are available, why not give them a try and see how you like them? You are welcome to try GraphixCALC Pro free for 15-days, no strings attached and no high pressure sales...I promise. In doing so, you have computer-generated Estimates that carry more weight to a customer than numbers pulled out of the air.

Custom_Grafx

+1 to a formula based quoting system which can be easily duplicated and picked apart down the line when a certain element of the job changes (and it always does).

Edserv

Nothing beats "research."
When I got out of college, I had a job which I supplied all kinds of garden products to several competitors of the "big retailers."
After a few weeks on the job, it started to amaze me how many times I saw competitors "checking prices" on my customers. I even got to know many of these "price checkers" by name.

So when we started our sign company, the first thing I did was "research," which basically meant calling or visiting "competitors" to find out what they were charging. We rarely "under-cut" our competitors, but really like to know what the market is charging. I've never bought a "price guide," simply because I've never felt these prices would truly (correctly or incorrectly) give me a gage as to what the market might bear.
We try to always charge prices that reflect our services, and it usually works. Almost always. "Live by price, die by price."
Good luck,
C.