• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help sign vinyl

Jefff

Hello all,
I am very new at making signs. I was weeding some vinyl and it was comi g off very easy also some of the letters were also wanting to come up with it. Its 65 degrees in storage area im wondering if that could effect the adhesive?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Make sure the vinyl you're using is fresh, your blade depth is the appropriate force, and that your have some over cut if the blade is not completing.

Jefff

I'm using a us cutter sc2 34 inch. im not sure what Windows I have. my vinyl is about a month old. Pressure and depth are good I've done a few jobs all went well. I am wondering about storing the vinyl in cool temps. and having vinyl shipped to me during the winter. It just seemed so much easier to weed than a few days prior and the letters wanted to come up as well. when the day before I could pull off and letters would all stay no problem.

henryz

I don't think it's the plotter but it could be the vinyl. Did you purchase it at Us Cutters? what brand is it you might want to try a different brand.

Jefff

the vinyl came from us cutter. I think it is Oracle. not sure o yhe speeling. Is 65 degrees an ok storage temp. I'm wondering why it acted diff than just a couple days prior. I'm sure it's cheap vinyl I purchased the sign shop in a box offered with the cutter bundle

henryz

Ok, so your issue is when you are weeding it, the excess is lifting the cut letters try going in deeper with your cut. Temp might have something to do but it shouldn't be that bad. If you freshly cut something is the weeding easier than something you cut a few days ago.

Jefff

when i was weeding yesterday if I held the letters down the cut is complete and very very clean. I was able to weed it all and get it masked and looks perfect. I'm nervous that it won't adhere the way it should because of how easy it was to weed.I feel like the job i did on sat the weeding wasn't so easy

2B

it is easy to weed because the vinyl stored on coated paper, backing paper, this paper is intended/designed to keep the vinyl from sticking.
once the design is installed and the transfer tape removed, it will be must more difficult to remove

Jefff

I think so I realized the vinyl I used on the job I ordered and the vinyl I was using yesterday was what came with the cutter. I assume the stuff that came with cutter is probably the cheapest stuff available.

Pippin Decals

I think so I realized the vinyl I used on the job I ordered and the vinyl I was using yesterday was what came with the cutter. I assume the stuff that came with cutter is probably the cheapest stuff available.

Good to hear. If you need further help or direct assistance ,send me a Pm. Im more than willing to go a extra mile to help with questions on the phone.