• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignCut X2

jeroen

Anyone using the SignCut X2 software?

I'm having issues with getting the design oriented correctly
the cutting preview screen doesn't give a good representation on how the design will be plotted on the vinyl (90 rotation) specially when working with different media widths
I wasted quite a bit of vinyl because of this already...

Am I doing something wrong or missed something?

I do like the overall simplicity, the weedlines are nice and it launches from Corel X3, but if there is no sollution on the cut preview, I'll be shopping for something else...

in the preview screen if you hit the little box in the top it shows you the whole area. also in one of the control boxes, it has a vinyl conservation or something like that command. On the top of the screen in the tool bar you will see a cutter icon with 90 deg on it. Make sure its on the same way as you page layout. The same thing happened to me. The feautures are pretty cool. OH YEAH the biggest thing I had issues with is it trying to cut off the page closetset to the origin pt. in the position on vinyl dialog box I had to click and unlcick the lock button. then put in .125 as the starting point for x and y axis. I need to open it up and find out for sure. I will let you know when I get back to the house.

dclet

the cutting preview screen doesn't give a good representation on how the design will be plotted on the vinyl (90 rotation) specially when working with different media widths

hmm mines spot on....

what brand plotter?

Can you read your vinyl's width (read cutter) once you load into the plotter?
or must you input the vinyl size?

I like signcut x2 ALOT, it is one of the better plotter
plug ins. I was never crazy about cocut I have it and do not use it...I also have flexi...

jeroen

Plotter is a Roland CM-400
everything else works nicely, but the preview mentioned above just doesn't show (correctly) how it's gonna plot

the software can't read the plotter (I'm using LPT1, no COM ports on my computer), so I set the vinyl size by hand at the top of the screen...

but if it's working for you guys, I'm prolly missing something and I'll dig into it a little deeper

dclet

are you entering those numbers correctly.... your not entering 24" for 24 inch vinyl are you?

what problems are you having exactly when you say you are wasted alot of vinyl...

the ability to read the vinyl width is critical ( serial port needed ) and would make your life alot easier. I imagine your running a laptop? anyway~

Port cards

:)

Last edited: