• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 10 Aquire Image

signguy50

Couldn't use this feature from day 1, get message can't find twain source manager. Wasn't a big deal as went to signlab 8 and did it but now 8 won't open, any ideas?

WildWestDesigns

If I'm not mistaken, TWAIN hasn't been shipped with Windows for quite some time. Windows is using WIA. There is an intermediary pass through layer that WIA uses to achieve some functionality of other imaging archs. It may not be related to that, but I would imagine that's not going to help anything either if something is going on there.

Could be a corruption of files etc.

Could be a path variable issue.

jimdtg

Which Windows and Signlab version are you using there?

If that feature worked there and now stopped so you should check your Windows system.

WildWestDesigns

If I'm reading things correctly:

Which Windows and Signlab version are you using there?

He didn't mention what version of Win he is running, but did say SL 10.

If that feature worked there and now stopped so you should check your Windows system.

It never worked under SL 10, but it once did work under SL 8, but SL 8 won't open now.

Corruption in Windows system is perhaps likely, especially if there was an update recently.

It could have been a corruption of the twain.dll file that is used as an intermediary for WIA or the variable path could have been changed.

To my knowledge TWAIN support shipping with Windows stopped with ME (so it's been awhile and that makes sense, I haven't messed with TWAIN in a very very long time) and it's up to get it supported under WIA or have drivers shipped with the programs.

Corruption in the system could very well be where it is at.

Milo

If I'm reading things correctly:

He didn't mention what version of Win he is running, but did say SL 10.

It never worked under SL 10, but it once did work under SL 8, but SL 8 won't open now.

Corruption in Windows system is perhaps likely, especially if there was an update recently.

It could have been a corruption of the twain.dll file that is used as an intermediary for WIA or the variable path could have been changed.

To my knowledge TWAIN support shipping with Windows stopped with ME (so it's been awhile and that makes sense, I haven't messed with TWAIN in a very very long time) and it's up to get it supported under WIA or have drivers shipped with the programs.

Corruption in the system could very well be where it is at.

SL 10, for what ever reason does not support the "Acquire Image" function anymore. I was told this by the TECH support when I upgraded, and sure to their word, it dosen't work. I have to revert back to my SL 9 to use that function.

WildWestDesigns

SL 10, for what ever reason does not support the "Acquire Image" function anymore. I was told this by the TECH support when I upgraded, and sure to their word, it dosen't work. I have to revert back to my SL 9 to use that function.

So it seems that they deprecated and removed TWAIN from their own software (why they waited so long, I don't know compared to when Windows removed it). I kinda surprised that they didn't move over to WIA (Ps uses it I'm fairly sure). Replace it with something anyway.

JR's

I have signlab 10 print and cut.
The acquired image does not work on the 64-bit but does work on the 32-bit.

I hope this helps