• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question SignLab 10 without a disc drive?

Jo Hill

I got a new MSI lab top from my wife for Christmas. The specs are pretty good but I just realized the darn thing doesn’t have a disc drive.. WilI be able to successfully purchase and download this product on my new laptop without having a CD drive or is a drive required?

I emailed Cadlink but figured I’d ask here as well. I will post there reply when received.

thank you :)

Attachments

• 3492848C-F5C1-465B-833E-5736F438D1D4.jpeg
    3492848C-F5C1-465B-833E-5736F438D1D4.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 322

jimdtg

You really don't need CD Drive, software and driver can be downloaded from their website and its server. Your laptop has USB port and just need plug hardware key in your laptop and use Signlab.

WildWestDesigns

As jimdtg mentioned, it shouldn't be a problem, especially if going to purchase a new one.

Now, for those using legacy versions of the software (or any other software), and still have an optical drive, I would suggest using disc ripping/burning software and create ISO images. Just about any modern OS will treat an ISO image as a virtual drive. Depending on how old said software is, may not still run, but at least that will get around the no optical drive concern.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
You can buy a portable/external DVD-R/RW drive, which can connect to a notebook computer via USB, for around $20-$30. Higher end external drives that can read and write Blu-ray discs are available as well.

Jo Hill

Yes all our software is also downloadable.

Best Regards,

David McCrossan
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Inside Sales & Dealer Support
101-2150 Thurston Drive
Ottawa, ON K1G5T9
Canada