• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab colors

undertaker

Hello again from a very wet Ireland, I wonder can I trouble you people with another signlab 10 question.
I can draw a headstone shape on screen using the monument option in shapes section.
I can then change the color of this shape by clicking on the color bar at bottom of screen, so far so good.
I then write up some text in a different color but when I drag the text into the headstone shape the text disappears, this happen no matter what color combinations I use.
Typically I need a dark background, say black with a gold type letter imposed on it, I then send this to the customer as a proof.
I think it must be possible to do this but I cant, if anybody has the time to help with this I would be very grateful.

undertaker

I am still in bother with this,
I write a piece of text in say gold,
then draw a box in black, when I move the text into the box it disappears,or to be correct its there but i cant see it.I have layer viewer on but not sure what is meant by control F or B,.
I just want to send the proof in color to my customers, I will not be cutting it in color etc.
Sorry for bothering you all again with this.

d fleming

If you look at top of screen you will see file, layout, arrange, cut, etc in a row. When you select ( highlight) one of these to see the options underneath, the characters to the right are your available hot keys so you can quit killing your mousepad once you learn them. For your question, holding down control and striking f will move a selected object forward, control b will move it backward.

geb

select text and position over your box. With text still selected, Arrange, Order, To Front should make text appear over box.

undertaker

Thanks a million for your help folks,with your help I worked it out.
We are a memorial company so we have experience of lettering all types of stone also sandblasting equipment, compressors etc, if we can be of any help with any of the above please do ask.