• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Signlab page size

Lisa Samuels

Hello, been using signlab for 13 years and never any issues. Recently our summa has been doing some strange things and it has been suggested it is a signlab issue as cc is fine. I do not run the plotters anymore it’s someone new but am told once an object selected, press cut as normal the machine rolls out the amount of media needed and then starts cutting eg 2m logo will cut 2m into the roll. We run multiple instance and have many screens open sometimes, it doesn’t happen all the time.....

Any ideas please? I’ve checked all the cutter settings I can see and no issues, the Summa guy suggested may be a ‘page size’ box ticked somewhere. We haven’t intentionally changed anything

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If it's not consistent and you have a new operator, I would spend time with them and see if it isn't something they are doing.

I don't cut a lot anymore, but if the file is slightly larger than the available vinyl it will tile it and do that. Also, is the operator accidentally selecting something outside of the area you want to cut (this should show up in the preview? Have you weeded the area that the cutter advance through to make sure nothing is cut there?