• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs101 Gallery Watermarking

Should Images in the Gallery Be Watermarked?

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The PhotoPost gallery software just installed, based on what I see at other forum based community sites, will become an extensively used and highly interesting area of Signs101.

The software provides the ability to "watermark" each upload with a semi-transparent image such as a copyright notice. This serves to reduce unauthorized downloading and redistribution or use of member images in ways members may not have intended or be very pleased about.

On the otherhand, it slightly obstructs the image and may not be desireable by some members for reasons not yet known to me.

Tell us your opinion.

:signs101:

Baz

I see it like pictures in sign magazines. If someone really wants to they could scan the pic and use it for their purposes. Just like a magasine scan is not of verry good quality the same would apply to low/medium resolution pictures in the gallery.

I prefer no watermarks so we can enjoy the actual pic but wont object if you do. As long as it is not to evident.