• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs101 settings

Greenthorn

I put this here because I didn't know where else to put it. When I click on a thread to read the messages, it always loads the page and then sets my browser at the last message. I then have to scroll back to the top of the page to begin reading the messages. It justs a little annoying.

I've looked through my User CP and I can't seem to find a setting to change this. Is there a way? Am I completely overlooking something?

gerald

Go to "USER CP" then "EDIT OPTIONS" theres a check box toward the bottom of the page that lets you select how these are shown, oldest first, newest first ect.......

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In addition, the forum software keeps track of what you have read and not read. Clicking into a thread should take you to the first post which is unread and according to your newest or oldest first settings in your User CP.

Greenthorn

I have it set to Linear - Oldest First

When I see a thread I want to read and click on it, it loads the page and puts me at the last post, then I have to scroll to the top to start reading the messages.

It doesn't take me to the first unread post, it takes me to the newest post.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When accessing posts from the forums page, there is an icon with a down arrow just to the left of the thread title which takes you to the first unread post in the thread when clicked (See screen shot).

I think you may find things to be a bit smoother if you access new posts from the Active Threads block on the site home page. That will take you to the first unread post just by clicking on the thread name.

Attachments

• post icon.jpg
    post icon.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 119