• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signtoolssoftware

geb

Hi everyone, Iwas wondering if anyone has used signtoolssoftware from Corel Draw.(signtoolsoftware.com)
Just curious of everyones opinion between the above and co-cut, and what people reccomend to be able to design and cut in Corel Draw. Thanks for any info.

ChiknNutz

For what it's worth, I use CoCut Pro. This is primarily due to the fact that I got a great deal on it when I bought my cutter. Signtools looks pretty good, but I've heard mixed reviews on it. I like CoCut, but havent' used anything else so I have no comparison. From what I can tell, it is quite user friendly and has some great features. A few of the things I like is the fact that it will take text and auto-weld it (if you want it to) in CoCut so you don't have to do that in Corel. It also separates out colors (probably all do). It works seamlessly with Corel so you don't have to export anything - it works great!

geb

Chris, thanks for explaining about co-cut. It sounds like a great tool. I was hoping someone had used the signtoolssoftware, but I guess I will be test driving it myself soon as the boss ordered it for my computer. I will let everyone know my opinion after I get used to it a little. I looked up co-cut and agree it looks excellent for Corel, but the signtools was more in line with the budget. I was also pushing for Vinyl Master Pro, I like what I hear about it. After using Anagraph, then Signlab, Corel 9 is quite challenging, I'm looking forward to getting to know it for better or worse.

geb

I just received sign tools 3 this week and thought I'd get back and tell everyone what I thought about it. First off, using Corel, its nice to be able to cut and not have to take that extra step and export to a program to plot. As far as plotting goes, the program offers the weed option before cutting. The only difference than I was used to with other sign programs, each line of text, and any lines or clip art all get their own weed border. Not one big border around the job. Also, unless I'm doing something wrong, the object or text you select to cut has to be in the lower left of the design area, or the plotter will start cutting vinyl not where you expect it to. I guess I'm trying to say origin or start point doesn't pertain, unless the object selected is in the lower left of the design box. It has the usual shadow, outline features, and some neat features to add stars, waves, two tone colors, brick look, metal look and several others to text. I also noticed an emboss feature, and I think a chrome look. I've never used Co-cut but what I read and hear I think it has some valuable aspects sign tools doesn't. But for under $200.00 sign tools can provide a pretty good way to cut in Corel. Just thought I'd share since I haven't heard to much about sign tools on the forums.