• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignVox Down?

showcase 66

Probably hosted by Godaddy.com They have been hacked and most of it is down. Email, hosting. Pretty much everything

cgsigns_jamie

SignVox was out earlier then came back and it's out again. I spoke with Kevin... he was thinking it might be something on my end... looks like it's not my fault after all ;)

I have a feeling it's connected to the GoDaddy outage as there are a lot of websites down today.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
SignVOX Access

Hi All,
Yes as you all might have already know, there are DNS issues and since we have our DNS hosted at godaddy.com you are seeing this issue. As we all know millions of websites and other apps are seeing the same issue.

We are monitoring the situation and also see if we need to host our own or host it in a different place.

We will keep you all posted.

Regards
Rao

Kevin-shopVOX

Wow, double whammer for Colorado Wrap, So how do your guys adapting to this outage?
It is not affecting everyone...only certain ISPs. Most people that were experiencing an issue are back up after a brief outtage...again attributed to godaddy.

Derf

Our SignVox is working fine. Thank you Rao for looking into a new host. It would really suck to have an outage.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Backup DNS for SignVOX

We have implemented a backup DNS and a backup URL just in case this happens again registered and hosted at a different registrar. So we are set for any such future DNS issues.

I think by now it should be all fine and working ok. Let me know if any one is still seeing any issues. I would say recycle the power on your modem so the the DNS gets updated, and I am sure by now most of the ISP's have refreshed their DNS since this was affecting millions of websites.

Again sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully this will not happen again at godaddy.com and even if it does we have a backup solution for this now in place. Thanks for all the support.

Regards

signswi

You should ditch GoDaddy entirely, they're awful people and the service is junk compared to other registrars (I prefer namecheap.com).

mopar691

I have had nothing but great service and customer support from godaddy. 1 hour down in how many years is not bad at all in my book.

HulkSmash

SV wasn't down for us. So we were fine.

but as they said, 10's of thousands of sites were down.. no biggie.