• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silk Screen Transfers on Rain Defender Sweatshirts

fresh

I have a client interested in Carhartt Rain Defender sweatshirts, which are a cotton/poly blend with a water resistant coating. I emailed SanMar, and they said For heat transfer, we recommend using low cure transfer products and the garment temp should not exceed 300 degrees. A special adhesive heat transfer is required.

I've called F&M Transfer and Ace Transfer Co, and they aren't able to help me.

I'm also open to having them directly silk screened, but my wholesale ss vendor can't do it, either.

Alternatively, can you recommend another forum where this question might be better answered?

Stacey K

I like making signs
You could call Transfer Express they seem to have a little bigger operation than the two you mentioned and have not steered me wrong yet. Otherwise, ask on https://www.t-shirtforums.com/ another place is on FB it's called "Screen Printing Newbies". Victor knows just about everything.
Make darn sure you have a good answer before you take that order on. It will be a very expensive mistake if the product does not work. I would suggest getting a sample sweatshirt and a sample transfer and make one for yourself and wash/dry it. I made some sweatshirts once that had a subliminated design on them and I used a regular transfer on them...they flaked off. That was an expensive mistake. HTV worked well but the screen printed transfers did not.

fresh

You could call Transfer Express they seem to have a little bigger operation than the two you mentioned and have not steered me wrong yet. Otherwise, ask on https://www.t-shirtforums.com/ another place is on FB it's called "Screen Printing Newbies". Victor knows just about everything.
Make darn sure you have a good answer before you take that order on. It will be a very expensive mistake if the product does not work. I would suggest getting a sample sweatshirt and a sample transfer and make one for yourself and wash/dry it. I made some sweatshirts once that had a subliminated design on them and I used a regular transfer on them...they flaked off. That was an expensive mistake. HTV worked well but the screen printed transfers did not.

I actually reached back out to SanMar and they were able to give me more specific details and mentioned Transfer Express has the correct product. I'm about to call them because they don't have it listed on their website.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I actually reached back out to SanMar and they were able to give me more specific details and mentioned Transfer Express has the correct product. I'm about to call them because they don't have it listed on their website.
That's great! If you wouldn't mind, could you please post what you find out? I like to keep notes in case I get the same question down the road. Thanks!!