• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Simple/Easy-ish software for ADA sign/dimensional sign mockups?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Can anyone recommend a good option for making ADA/dimensional sign mockups?

I don't need any crazy Auto-cad features and don't need take-offs for manufacturing, just simply want to be able to mockup signs w/ some dimension.

For example, playing around with multi-layered ADA signs and want to see how it looks without physically making a prototype.

Bonus points if it can easily/quickly generate dimensions etc, but not necessary.

We have full Adobe suite, corel suite etc, not sure if there are any plug-ins or options going that route?

Thanks in advance.

CanuckSigns

Hey Pat, are you looking for something to quickly take your design file and make a proof with measurements? If so the ecut pluging for corel does this really well, I just recently discovered this feature myself and it's saved me a bunch of time.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Hey Pat, are you looking for something to quickly take your design file and make a proof with measurements? If so the ecut pluging for corel does this really well, I just recently discovered this feature myself and it's saved me a bunch of time.
Hey Scott, that would be nice for sure! I'll have another look at e-cut. We had it in the past but on an old computer.

I'm more looking for a way of making a 3D rendering to visualize/demonstrate how the signs would look. (related the project we were talking about)

Played around with SketchUp for a few minutes but doesn't seem like something I can just jump into.

I guess if there was a way to take an existing layout from Corel and make it 3D, that would be the ideal scenario as that's how we create all the designs.